Upgrading to 622 Tommorrow

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rdaneel

Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
The installer is coming out tommorrow to rid me of an 811 and curse me with a 622. Any tips I should know? I have heard that it's a good idea to have the installer leave the 500 dish in place. Is that so? Any other good ideas I should know about?

You'll need more than just the D500 for the full HD content the 622 can receive. Depending on where you live you might get a new D1000 to look at 3 sats. 110, 119 and 129 and that could work out just fine. Most of the HD content on 129 (except HD LiLs) is also mirrored on 61.5 and for many folks 61.5 is a better choice. For that situation you'd need at least D500 with a dual LNB looking at 110/119 and a separate dish (could be a 500 or older 300) with a single LNB looking at 61.5. Some areas of the country (like the NE where I am) can't "see" 129 at all and the 2-dish system is the only answer for full programming. Where your HD LiLs are located will probably be the deciding factor if you plan to ever sub. to them. Even if you get the D1000, if you can talk the installer into leaving the D500, that might be a good move in case you ever have problems with 129, commonly reported in these threads.

I think you'll find the 622 is a very pleasant "curse"! Welcome, BTW...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)