Upgrading to dish 1000.2

altaknife

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
N. Calif.
Right now I have a DVR 510, dish 500 2 lnb's with sw21 switch and one coax to one receiver. I just bought a Dish Network 1000.2 dish with the 3 lnb's. What switch do I need? May want Hi Definition sometime later. Also do I need to change my Coax?

best thing to do first is unhook the cable from the receiver that normally goes ot the dish and run a check switch. This will clear out the switch setup you have now (and will make it easier)

Then rehook cable to receiver and new dish and then aim the dish. Once you get 119 locked then rerun check switch to get new switch matrix in there

OK,Unhook the cable from the receiver, run check switch, install new dish , get 119 and run check switch again. Thanks again.

if your have the 1000.2 integrated lnb, you will not need a switch. Just run one line from dish to your receiver. But If you have 3 LNB's on a W bracket , you will need at the least a DP 34 switch. I would go with the DPP 44 switch. The 44 will give you room for more upgrades later.

I haven't received the Dish as yet, but the picture showed 3 separate lnb's, so I guess I'll need a switch after all. I've seen prices all over the place. Who has a good price on a DP 44?

If you're getting a normal 1000.2, you'll have the integrated switch. It has 3 lnb "eyes" which is what you're probably seeing in the picture. Don't buy an external switch yet -- most likely you don't need it.

Right now I have a DVR 510, dish 500 2 lnb's with sw21 switch and one coax to one receiver. I just bought a Dish Network 1000.2 dish with the 3 lnb's. What switch do I need? May want Hi Definition sometime later. Also do I need to change my Coax?

No switch needed. The switch is contained within the LNB array.
If the coax is RG-6 and sweep tested to at least 22mhz( that printed on the cable) you're good to go.

Don't waste money on a DPP44 there overpriced and you don't need one. That dish only pulls 3 birds, get a DPP33. Plus keep in mind thats ONLY if you don't have the integrated LNBF. I'm assuming you upgrading your recv, but if your not going to or have no future plans to, you could use a DP34, but If you get a good price go DPP.

OK, Got the new dish 1000.2 , hooked the cable to the #2 lnb and got it mounted. Found 110 easily, but can't find 119 at all. It's basically pointed to the same coordinates as the 500. Covered the center lnb which was getting 110 and can't find anything. What's wrong?

Sorry, I panicked. Just had to go up abit. Everything is good.

Last edited:
OK, Got the new dish 1000.2 , hooked the cable to the #2 lnb and got it mounted. Found 110 easily, but can't find 119 at all. It's basically pointed to the same coordinates as the 500. Covered the center lnb which was getting 110 and can't find anything. What's wrong?
Ok need the first three digits of your zip..
I or one of the other members will give you the skew, elevation and azimuth.
Also you may have the wrong feedhorn covered.
Most likely you have the skew or elevation set incorrectly.

I thought I had it, but now I have 119 and not 110. This dish is a bit more difficult to aim than my 500. Usually when I have 119 I also have 110 with my older dishes. The azmuth is 154 elev 44 skew 82. zip95701.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)