Upgrading to HD DVR Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kenpac89

Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
I noticed on the DirecTV Web site that I can upgrade to HD for $99, with a $99 online rebate...essentially letting me get it for free.

Is there a similar deal for an HD-DVR? I only have one HDTV in the house and we would essentially NEED a DVR for that TV (we currently have a SD-DVR hooked up to it).

Also, if I do upgrade will I have any upfront costs other than the installation costs that go above and beyond the standard installation? (I know he would have to get into the attic and fish some cables through the wall to get to the TV.)

How many cables would need to be run into the house? I think we currently have 2 going into the house to the central location that distributes to all of the outlets. They have an extra cable running to the TV with the DVR as well. Would these cable cover HD, or will we need more?

And finally, would a new HD Dish be included with all of this? Or would I have to pay for that.

By the way, the Web page I was looking at is: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...assetId=500009

There are no rebate deals, but I know for a time at least there was a web only offer for the HD-DVR for $199, and if you call and talk to the csrs (specifically those in customer retention) you have a chance of getting it for less. It is difficult to say exactly what you can or cannot get.

There is a required dish upgrade, that should be included for free with the cost of the HD-DVR upgrade.

Four lines will also have to be run to the distribution point, before being routed at the multiswitch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)