Upgrading to Hopper from twin 722's

bebecee

Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
Dallas, TX
Hello everyone, I first want to say thank you all for being here and creating such a large and helpful support group.

I currently have two 722's - and oddly I only have two tv's in my house. I have one tv/dvr in the living room and one tv/dvr in the bedroom. I've have the 722's pointing their "2nd" room line to the other tv and thus I can record up to four and view what I record in either room. And it was fun teaching Dish how to do this! HA! Now they have hopper/joey and I've no need for two DVRs.

Here are my three questions:
1. What do I need hardware wise to upgrade for my two TV setup? (one hopper and one joey, or one hopper and two joey's...in otherwords does a hopper serve as a joey for the nearby TV?)
2. I'm fully expecting to pay for the upgrade for the guys to come out and setup the hopper and joey(s) and take back the two 722s. How much do you think it will be? $100?
3. Currently I'm paying $17/mo for HD Duo (2TV) DVR Receiver and $6/mo for DVR Serivce. What changes in this billing should I expect?

Thanks in advance, and I wish all of you much fun, cause if we not having fun, what are we doing down here anyways!

Bebe:)

Well, in your case all you need is one Hopper and one Joey to run everything. And your fees will actually drop $6 a month. The Hopper comes with a $10 Whole Home DVR fee and then its $7 a month for the Joey. So $17 in additional fees on top of whatever programming you have. It should be $100 if you qualify as a plan A or B customer.

FYI: you currently have 4 tuners to record. you will be dropping to 3, 1 can be used for ptat and llthe networks.
check your recording habits, and verify that 1 hopper will suffice

iirc there was a thread where someone did what you are doing, and was not happy with the results/conflicts/ect

Or, you could go with 2 Hoppers and no Joeys. It'll cost you an extra $100 up front, but monthly charges would be the same as a Hopper and a Joey. You get 6 tuners this way. Now that the Hoppers can see each other you get HD at both TVs from both Hoppers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts