Upgrading to Hopper

My dish has 1 cable coming off it to basement. They meet up with all off the other tv cables that go to the rooms. Then it hits a splitter at my 722 receiver. I just din't want anymore holes made in my walls. Is the 1 cable off the dish and a splitter enough?

My dish has 1 cable coming off it to basement. They meet up with all off the other tv cables that go to the rooms. Then it hits a splitter at my 722 receiver. I just din't want anymore holes made in my walls. Is the 1 cable off the dish and a splitter enough?

Nope, not to get all three tuners to work on the Hopper. It has to have two cables from the dish for a single Hopper install. Splitter off that line won't work.

That would be a separator, not a splitter.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

2 cables to node (for single Hopper installs). If the node is outside, it's very likely that they don't need to drill more holes as they can use a tap or just the single line from node to Hopper (if no joeys).

Would I still need second cable run?

Yes. Is there any way to fish a second line through the hole that the first line goes through. I have done that in the past. I also try to use as few holes from the outside as possible. If you think you might want a second Hopper in the future you would need a 3rd line from the dish.

Yes. Is there any way to fish a second line through the hole that the first line goes through. I have done that in the past. I also try to use as few holes from the outside as possible. If you think you might want a second Hopper in the future you would need a 3rd line from the dish.

Again, if node is outside and only one Hopper, you can do it with one line to inside.

I put the Node outside for my installation. You can put the Node out by the Dish and just run a short cable to it. You can then use the existing cable that runs into the house and would not have to drill any extra holes. Inside the house you would have to cut that cable and put a Tap in. The Tap looks like another splitter. From the Tap you would have one cable go to the Hopper and another cable go to the Joey.

If you are mirroring off of the Joey or Hopper you are going to need 2 cables to that location. On cable delivering the satellite feed and one cable send back the mirrored feed. There is a way to combine the signal through the one existing cable but it will talk some more equipment that you would have to purchase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts