Upgrading To HR-54/C61k?

Nope. Another thing I think the HD PQ has improved adding the reverse band lnb.
we have the entire DTV package and i'm happy with it.. i to think the reverse band LNB improves the picture. we havent moved into out new house yet. the house we just bought came with a media room with a 550 inch projection screen with an projector. so i am really curious as to how that's gonna handle the DTV signals!!! though we have 2 sony OLED'S that are amazing HD looks as good if not just as good as 4K and SD looks as good as full 1080P on MOST channels though DTV 4K is mind blowing.. i don't if you get FLIX but that's a channel that looks like crap..

Last edited:
we have the entire DTV package and i'm happy with it.. i to think the reverse band LNB improves the picture. we havent moved into out new house yet. the house we just bought came with a media room with a 550 inch projection screen with an projector. so i am really curious as to how that's gonna handle the DTV signals!!! though we have 2 sony OLED'S that are amazing HD looks as good if not just as good as 4K and SD looks as good as full 1080P on MOST channels though DTV 4K is mind blowing.. i don't if you get FLIX but that's a channel that looks like crap..
I have a Sony 65” X930E.

Reactions: Jimbo and krynn
Could having newer cables help? The tech replaced those also because they were bad.

No that wouldn't matter either. Everything is digital, so you will get the same bits no matter what. If an LNB or cable is bad you'll see dropouts, not loss of quality. If all he changed was the LNB and the cable, any change in PQ is in your head.

Reactions: krynn
No that wouldn't matter either. Everything is digital, so you will get the same bits no matter what. If an LNB or cable is bad you'll see dropouts, not loss of quality. If all he changed was the LNB and the cable, any change in PQ is in your head.
Does the T-16 improve PQ?

Sorry, I meant the satellite.
your PQ is only going to be as good as the bit rate sent to the box. i use monster HDMI cables and the PQ is awsome. though i could go more elaberate by using fiber optic HDMI cables. but i can't justify the cost over PQ enhancement. depending on how much you spent on your t.v.. some of the more costly sets will have better digital comb filters in them to help deal with PQ. in todays sets i dunno if this is true though i was true in the old crt sets

I have a Sony 65” X930E.
we have sony oleds from there master series there about 10 grand a pop when we bought them. then i have a cheap ass 65 inch TCL in my den and it's right up there with the sony's darn near..
now i could buy the 8k version 8 k cheaper than what we paid for the 4k sets :oldmad

i bitch and moan about not having the back lit remotes :p . i just think they those remotes should be default!! just got off the phone with em and there sending me two back lit remotes ;)

Last edited:
we have sony oleds from there master series there about 10 grand a pop when we bought them. then i have a cheap ass 65 inch TCL in my den and it's right up there with the sony's darn near..
now i could buy the 8k version 8 k cheaper than what we paid for the 4k sets :oldmad
I have a 65" TCL, and for the money nothing comes close. It's probably as good a picture as 75% of the manufacturers out there at 25% of the price.

Reactions: krynn
I have a 65" TCL, and for the money nothing comes close. It's probably as good a picture as 75% of the manufacturers out there at 25% of the price.
i have to agree with you!!! i heard that TCL was using samsung displays as well. the only thing i don't like is needing 2 remotes to work everything switching into over to DTV. i don't like the crap roku remotes

i have to agree with you!!! i heard that TCL was using samsung displays as well. the only thing i don't like is needing 2 remotes to work everything switching into over to DTV. i don't like the crap roku remotes
I have a Harmony hub remote, works everything fine. What won't the Directv work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)