Uplink activity for 4/22/08

I was wondering the same thing - there has been discussion for some time that Buffalo wasn't covered by any spot on the map. BTW, I believe that E* did renumber the spots, for whatever reason. I don't think they're re-aimable, however, unless they shift the footprint of the entire bird. :eek:

Brad
E* combined the spots into pairs and assigned a group number to each pair. The spot numbers have not been changed and at some point it will be apparent which Tps serve wihich spot. Then, maybe I will list them that way. :)

I missed the WLMT being a fifth one. Is it owned by one of the big 4 affiliates?

PBS HD is usually different than the typical local SD offerings. I suspect one of the subchannels is still required to simulcast the analog. May not be in HD.

WLMT (CW) and WPTY (ABC) are both owned by Clear Channel. They share facilities and news ops. AFSIK WKNO does not simulcast the analog anywhere on their digital signal. Their feeds are titled WKNO-HD and WKNO 2. That may be where the second digital channel comes in next year.

chiller and hd locals today anything else is gravy(hmmm gravy)- I have my locals OTA so not a big deal for me- but i know people who are waiting for local Hd to get on the HD bandwagon.

I can relate to that as I can see a spot that I'm way outside of.

Digi,

How do we see if we are under a spot? Does it take special equipment or do you just go to the Signal Strength screen and see if any of the TPs change to SB when you toggle to them?

Thanks for all you great work here.

Digi,

How do we see if we are under a spot? Does it take special equipment or do you just go to the Signal Strength screen and see if any of the TPs change to SB when you toggle to them?

Thanks for all you great work here.

It is easier to see with special equipment since you can read the ID of the transponder. You can go to the signal strength page on 61.5 and check the odds from 1-15, but then you don't know what spot number that is for sure.

It is easier to see with special equipment since you can read the ID of the transponder. You can go to the signal strength page on 61.5 and check the odds from 1-15, but then you don't know what spot number that is for sure.

Thanks, Digi.

I will try that. I am looking for a backup for when NYC goes SB. I'm near Louisville KY and was hoping to catch South Bend or Chicago.

Indy & Louisville HD locals are not even in the forecast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)