UPLINK Activity For the week of Jan 01 06 CES WEEK!

DishBacker said:
WFAA is not a lower power transmitter by any means. Its my strongest channel strength of any OTA channel I get in Flower Mound. It just happens that the its Digital Channel 9, in the UHF range, whereas all the other digital channels are in the VHF range... so it requires an antenna that gets both frequencies.
I am well aware that WFAA is in VHF, whereas all others as in UHF and I have an antenna that picks up both.

Look at the FCC info on all the digital transmitters in the DFW area. WFAA-DT is the LOWEST powered trasmitter around at only 18.6kW.

goaliebob99 said:
thats sufficcant because its VHF. VHF does not require that much power. I think wbbm here in chicago (cbs) is on 4.4KW of power and is on VHF Channel 3 :)
It must not be that sufficient as everyone I know in my area receives dropouts on WFAA-DT. I dont get dropouts on any other channel.

I'm guessing they are trying to appease some Congressperson in that area or something. There has to be some other rationale for this....

Well, I'll share this;

ADDED not available.

206 ERIN, REMOVED FROM Tp 25 on EchoStar 6 at 110w

9427 UNIHD ADDED TO Tp 19 ConUS beam on EchoStar 5 at 129w(Mpeg4 designator in effect)

Last edited:
Thanks, just stab me in the heart why dont ya :p

So , now just need a 61.5 mirror, and everything is ready to roll, bah!! Makes me wish i had a 411/211 in engineering mode!

Has anybody actually seen an mpeg4 signal yet, or is this all speculation? I have a 411, but we'll never know if it will actually do mpeg4 and what it looks like until Feb 1st, right?

What if the picture sux??

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Tim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)