Uplink Activity for the week of May 01 2006

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Did anyone notice that alot of tp's at 61.5 got turned off this weekend.. the list is short than what im used to seeing :)

Also I did notice this...

Service: 9483 (CBSHD) user defined
Service: 9936 (WABC) user defined
Service: 9937 (WCBS) user defined
Service: 9938 (WNBC) user defined

Is this a sign of National HD? I think these have been upthere like that for a while and nobody noticed :eek:

Same thing over on 129, but 129 still has split SD Locals on it..

Service: 9970 (KABC) user defined
Service: 9971 (KCBS) user defined
Service: 9972 (KNBC) user defined
Service: 9973 (KTTV) user defined

Are these the same ones people were talking about 6 months ago? Personally, I think Dish was almost ready to launch HD DNS last December and then changed their mind - right about the time the whole HD Lite issues started.

descrbied as such but not really.

but anyways I have no idea why this thread was created, this is not uplink activity

I created it because it was uplink activity related ;) yea, I must be going crazy looking at all those's channels ;) and the moves that has happend this last month has been way crazy :) I just didnt see those before.. or atleast remember so I thought I would bring them up :)

if they get HD DNS would that mean people in a O&O station would get the equal, plus their sd local (like for me FOX Cleveland, plus FOX new york since fox 8 here in cleveland is a O&O owned station) if so thats great, that will be 3 foxes I get (2ota and then the sat.) if not oh well......what I do want to really know is why would they turn transponders off on 61.5?

From the Dish Channel Chart archives:

9/25/05
Many reports on several discussion boards states that the MP2T# channels 9970-9973 are KABC DT, KCBS DT, KNBC DT and KTTV (Fox) DT. Added the note of what was on each channel . Normally this page does not list the content of test channels since test channels are never meant to be seen by subscribers. But this is something that is widely discussed. Since the cat is way out of the bag, I decided to post the content.

11/16/05
4 MPEG2 test channels have been uplinked to Channels 9936-9939 on tp 17 and 19 at 61.5°. (ANON)

1/12/06
Channels 9936-9939 changed EPG names from MP2E1-MP2E4 to WABC, WCBS, WNBC, WNYW

stuart628 said:
if they get HD DNS would that mean people in a O&O station would get the equal, plus their sd local (like for me FOX Cleveland, plus FOX new york since fox 8 here in cleveland is a O&O owned station) if so thats great, that will be 3 foxes I get (2ota and then the sat.) if not oh well......what I do want to really know is why would they turn transponders off on 61.5?
They're getting ready to move 61.5 to 129, and put what's left for the one's that can't see 129, on 119 an 110. How about that?

ralfyguy said:
They're getting ready to move 61.5 to 129, and put what's left for the one's that can't see 129, on 119 an 110. How about that?

no good as my setup is 110/119 and 61.5 I am hoping to luck out and they put cleveland locals on 110 or 119! :)

ralfyguy said:
nope cant see 129 in the north east

TNGTony said:
From the Dish Channel Chart archives:

9/25/05
Many reports on several discussion boards states that the MP2T# channels 9970-9973 are KABC DT, KCBS DT, KNBC DT and KTTV (Fox) DT. Added the note of what was on each channel . Normally this page does not list the content of test channels since test channels are never meant to be seen by subscribers. But this is something that is widely discussed. Since the cat is way out of the bag, I decided to post the content.

11/16/05
4 MPEG2 test channels have been uplinked to Channels 9936-9939 on tp 17 and 19 at 61.5°. (ANON)

1/12/06
Channels 9936-9939 changed EPG names from MP2E1-MP2E4 to WABC, WCBS, WNBC, WNYW

You're a smart guy Tony - any idea why these have been up there so long but Dish still isn't offering HD DNS? Especially since they even turned them on for part of a day when they launched the new "MPEG4" channels on Feb 2md.

Recap of empty TPs on 61.5

(4,26,28 are dead on E3)

Empty TPs on 129

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
how can you own a sat but not all the TPs?

Each transponder needs a license (for lack of a better terminology) for the frequency. If the frequency is already in use elsewhere that transponder can't be lit on your satellite. So you can build it but it doesn't necessarily mean it can "phone home" with full capability.

Sam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)