Uplink Activity for Wed. Dec 14th 2005

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Hey theres uplink activity... nothing major other than some international moves, new local channels and the tennis channel is now uplinked to 110 with a cople of test channels. :) .. I will give a full report as soon as I get to school :) Im also reciving reports that voom is being messed with right now :)

Test2 - Channel 113 uplinked onto 110
Test - Channel 151 uplinked onto 110
(no content reported on these channels)

Tennis Channel - Channel 400 uplinked onto 110
(reportedly showing the tennis channel)

The new voom mirror channels have been scaled back from 11 to 4.
Worldsport
Treasure
KungFu
GamePlay
These 4 survived the cut. The channels were only deleted from the information tables, the video feeds are still uplinked, however I'm guessing they are getting ready to scale back from the 11 new vooms to 5 new vooms :)

goaliebob99 said:
Hey theres uplink activity... nothing major other than some international moves, new local channels and the tennis channel is now uplinked to 110 with a cople of test channels. :) .. I will give a full report as soon as I get to school :) Im also reciving reports that voom is being messed with right now :)
International moves? Can you elaborate?

I'm surprised they didn't uplink some of the HD locals that they are going to offer at the first of the year. Is ESPN2 HD still only uplinked at 129 only? I'm sure that they will mirror it at 61.5 in the next couple of weeks though.

Hey guys, if this is what Dish is going to offer us, keep in mind I hav'nt viewed these channels before, but it sounds like these are the bottom of the barrel Voom channels! Maybe we should voice our dislike of these and ask for what we would like to see by emailing Dish, worked before! Just my two cents!!

I'm pretty sure that well will see all the content off of the missing channels on some of the channels that Dish will carry. They will just consolidate the number of channels and put the content on other channels. I wouldn't worry about it, I don't think Voom would just do away with all that content that they have produced just because Dish isn't going to carry those certain channels.

Drone35 said:
Hey guys, if this is what Dish is going to offer us, keep in mind I hav'nt viewed these channels before, but it sounds like these are the bottom of the barrel Voom channels! Maybe we should voice our dislike of these and ask for what we would like to see by emailing Dish, worked before! Just my two cents!!

No!!! Please, let's not bitch about VOOM content now. We need to make sure we win the quality war. If we bitch about everything, Dish will not take us seriously.

Correct lets not bitch until we find out for sure whats going on. Hopefully Dish will see the light. I'm thinking that on Jan. 5th that Dish will address alot of these issues about New Voom channels, New MPEG4 receivers, Voom channels resolution, HD locals, ETC.

Drone35 said:

I agree with everyone else in do not email dish on the existing channels content for 2 reasons:

1. Dish does not control content (even if they are a big investor in Voom)
2. Let's get the PQ fixed first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts