Uplink Activity For WeD. May 10th 2006

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
While I'm at it, heres the test transponder on 129W 12530MHz running 8PSK 5/6 FEC. Notice the error counts! Again, its rainy here today, but nothing special. Obviously 129W in its current configuration is too low powered for this setup. Unless of course you only want HD when its sunny outside :)

Only one HD test channel there currently, probably a mirror of a voom channel based on the bitrate. Key point of this pic is the total mux bitrate, ~50Mbit.

129-12530.jpg

But if they can get rid of those continuity errors and keep 50mbit, that will nicely hold 3 true 1080i channels quite well (nearly 16.5 Mbit per)! And because I was curious, if with MPEG4 they can get a measly 15% savings in bandwidth, those 3 1080i channels could be sent at (equivalent to) 19.3 Mbit!!! ;)

Last edited:
Kirby Baker said:
But if they can get rid of those continuity errors and keep 50mbit, that will nicely hold 3 true 1080i channels quite well (nearly 16.5 Mbit per)! And because I was curious, if with MPEG4 they can get a measly 15% savings in bandwidth, those 3 1080i channels could be sent at (equivalent to) 19.3 Mbit!!! ;)

Someone is dreaming ;) They'll just put 4 HD channels or possibly 5 HD channels with MPEG4.

chelsea said:
I read next door E10, could not combine HD & SD on the same spot tp?

They can but it is a waste.... some of the SD receivers can't see 8PSK so you'd have to put them on QPSK TP's which is a waste of bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts