Uplink Activity Report - 02/07/2007 - 251 changes

Thats not true, I don't know the technical limit but most stations I get usually have 6 or 12 hours worth and some have 24 hours worth.

My OTA STB's guide will advance out a week but its never that full

You are right. After I made my post, I did a little research. I found this:
The ATSC PSIP standard (A/65) for Digital Television allows broadcasters to identify themselves and convey up to 16 days of programming information. And this very large PDF about PSIP.

I guess the critical words are "up to." I haven't looked at my OTA stations PSIP in a while, but when I last looked, they only did the current and maybe the following program. I'll have to check again.

More changes:

I don't know how to find out what changes they made, but last night these channels were "Off Air" which has in the past meant they were moved:

Nick, Nick West, Toon and a few others in the 169-178 kids programming grouping. The schedule said Toon would be turned off precisely at 11:30PM PST, and I was watching and sure enough at that time, the opening credits of Futurama froze, and the channel was gone. It was gone for a few hours. The guide showed the same for the Nick channels, and they could not be tuned (black screen).

Maybe someone else knows what was changed?

Remember too, PSIP data isn't rec'd by the receiver until you tune to that channel. When I would turn on my HD receiver, every channel and time slot said "Digital TV" or something like that except for the channel I was already on. Let's say that's my local channel "2". Channel "7", CBS for me, again reads "Digital TV" in every slot. I have to tune that channel in, wait a few seconds, and then it populated the guide. Repeat that for the ~20 digital channels I can get in my area !!

More changes:

I don't know how to find out what changes they made, but last night these channels were "Off Air" which has in the past meant they were moved:

Nick, Nick West, Toon and a few others in the 169-178 kids programming grouping. The schedule said Toon would be turned off precisely at 11:30PM PST, and I was watching and sure enough at that time, the opening credits of Futurama froze, and the channel was gone. It was gone for a few hours. The guide showed the same for the Nick channels, and they could not be tuned (black screen).

Maybe someone else knows what was changed?

The SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 02/08/2007 - 0 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 02/08/2007 08:17A - 02/08/2007 03:35P - (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Channels in the system: 3183
(A) = Available
(NA) = Not Available

The SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 02/08/2007 - 0 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 02/08/2007 08:17A - 02/08/2007 03:35P - (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

(A) = Available
(NA) = Not Available

The changes he's talking about won't show in your uplink activity report. These changes have been happening for the last few weeks and JohnH reported that it could just be maintenance being done on the TPs. But I think something else is going on, it's been happening for the last few weeks on 119 and 110.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=89007

hey has there been any changes to Superstation WGN, I turned it on about 15 minutes ago and instead of it, it's SNY from NYC. so hey everyone has a free sports channel right now. too bad it's from New york though.

Some minor activity this morning. May have to do with Court TV or its replacement though:

204 TEST ADDED TO Tp 2 on EchoStar 7 at 119w(not available)

895 TEST, REMOVED FROM Tp 2 on EchoStar 7 at 119w

CHANGE COUNT 2

The SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 02/09/2007 - 2 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 02/08/2007 08:17A - 02/09/2007 01:34P - (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

204 - COURT added to EchoStar7 119W TP 02 ConUS beam (Available)
895 - TEST removed from EchoStar7 119W TP 02 ConUS beam

(A) = Available
(NA) = Not Available

I also know a couple of people that missed it. It appears that Charlie got what he wanted on this one.

The SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 02/11/2007 - 3 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 02/09/2007 01:34P - 02/11/2007 08:43A - (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

145 - ESPNA moved from EchoStar7 119W TP 18 ConUS beam to EchoStar8 110W TP 24 ConUS beam (A)
146 - ESP2A moved from EchoStar7 119W TP 10 ConUS beam to EchoStar8 110W TP 16 ConUS beam (A)
9800 - SPORT moved from EchoStar8 110W TP 24 ConUS beam to EchoStar8 110W TP 16 ConUS beam (A)

(A) = Available
(NA) = Not Available

How stranged. I emailed Tech Support during the chat last night about all my OTA guide data that is missing and the hundreds of 14,000 channel range that was removed in the up link report.

They emailed me back from the Tech Support deptment that they do not have channels in the 14,000 range and they do not include guide data unless its an HD channel uplinked for my area.

Almost like he was waiving his hand using the star trek FORCE to make me think that they never had OTA guide data.

Strange. . . .

=============pasted text=================
Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for your e-mail. DISH Network did not remove any programming. Furthermore, the 14,000 range is not one that we have ever used. We have never guaranteed guide information reception for any non-DISH Network programming. In order to receive EPG information for your local networks, you must subscribe to our local package.

We hope we have properly addressed your concerns. If you have further questions you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support at the following link: http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/techportal/index.shtml.

Thanks,

==Name removed==

Technical E-mail Support

Dish Network

How stranged. I emailed Tech Support during the chat last night about all my OTA guide data that is missing and the hundreds of 14,000 channel range that was removed in the up link report.

They emailed me back from the Tech Support deptment that they do not have channels in the 14,000 range and they do not include guide data unless its an HD channel uplinked for my area.

Almost like he was waiving his hand using the star trek FORCE to make me think that they never had OTA guide data.

Strange. . . .

Dish now thinks you must be a hacker after all you somehow know about channel numbers that do not exist! Expect a call from the audit department soon! :eek: