Uplink Activity Report - 1/16/2009 4:47pm - 3 changes

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 1/16/2009 4:47pm - 3 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 01/16/2009 04:13P - 01/16/2009 04:47P

Channel Package Flag Changes:
9442(400) - TENIS [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)
9442(400) - TENIS [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 13 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)

Channel Type Changes:
5848 - SPECV EchoStar1 148W TP 19 ConUS beam changed from SD TV to MPEG2 SD (NA)

Channels in the system: 6330
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

Yeah right, I'm enjoying Tennis HD in all it's poorly upscaled, 4:3 with a border, glory.

Leave Tennis HD alone! They show real HD a LOT of the time. Moreover, when they show widescreen SD they zoom it and upscale it preserving the aspect ratio yet filling the TV of all those people that demand their screen be filled at all times . I doubt that it's poorly upscaled just a poor source where they're doing their best. Garbage in=garbage out.

Tennis HD is a good channel. Pick on TBS, TNT, Food Network, Cartoon Network, Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, A&E, The History Channel, Biography or HGTV if you want to call out a channel for improerly scaled SD.

The Australian Open will be in hd on Tennis Channel and ESPN2 hd this year for the first time. The last few years it has been upconverted.

It is not clear however how many courts will have the hd cameras. The other slams have had 2 or 3 courts showing true hd while outer courts were upconverted.

On a side not about ESPN2 hd and how they have way too many graphis on the screen. I am not happy at all with the ton of grahics when watching football or basketball but with tennis it is even worse. Last year you could not see the ball being struck on the serve nor the feet moving most of the time with so many grapics.

We will see tonight on ESPN2 hd if they may have a fix for it but I highly doubt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)