uplink activity??

Oh. :( I thought he meant it was 1920x1080.

Its all so confusing to me..LCDs that really 'dont' do interlacing..different 'native' resolutions on different LCD panels..broadcasting at 1440 and other odd resolutions and bit rates...

PCs are so much easier by comparision. You go to 'monitors', you pick 800x600 or 1024x768 or whatever the new widescreen resolutions are..and hit 'apply'. The whole 'tv signal scaled to fit the particular resolution of your LCD' thingie is just too much for me to absorb. I like things simple. ;)

I think before we start pq bashing on the new HD channels that we haven't got yet, we must remember this is a who has more race not a pq race! This will come with time and getting the new bird's up next year! Plus next year all the new HD channels that we are going to be getting will start showing more in HD and not stretchovision, we must see the BIG Picture! We and me included would like everything now, but we must be patient! Like Scott keeps saying Rome wasn't built in a day!

I think before we start pq bashing on the new HD channels that we haven't got yet, we must remember this is a who has more race not a pq race! This will come with time and getting the new bird's up next year! Plus next year all the new HD channels that we are going to be getting will start showing more in HD and not stretchovision, we must see the BIG Picture! We and me included would like everything now, but we must be patient! Like Scott keeps saying Rome wasn't built in a day!

Well said.

Dish used to have all 1920x1080i... Then they started to compress down to HD Lite... As low as 1280x1080i... Now supposedly going to be 1440x1080i (or 1280x720p for 720p channels). Perhaps one day they will have fast enough encoders that can compress to 1920x1080i enough to fit in the amount of space Dish wants to allocate....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts