uplink activity??

Yeah some folks try to be more technical on things when it really does not matter due to you will not see a night and day difference on things. People put way to much in resolutions when yes it can make some difference but not as much as they wish to think. :)

How about right next to tehir SD counterparts?? Wouldn't that make sense?
There isnt ant standard def counterparts. If the hd channel doesnt show the same programming exacty as the standard def channel, it is not the same channel. As of now food hd doesnt show the same programming as sd food. If you mapdown, you are not watching the same show on the hd channel, as is on the sd channel.That was a bad move on dish's part with mapdown. I can see why it is done, but only if it is the same identical channel.

I was watching tlc the other night and the ad for Little People Big World came on and said the new season would be in hd. That was the first time that it was mentioned that any shows would be in hd. I wonder too since American Choppers is on Discovery Theater HD if they show it on tlc on Thursday night if it will be in hd also.

There isnt ant standard def counterparts. If the hd channel doesnt show the same programming exacty as the standard def channel, it is not the same channel. As of now food hd doesnt show the same programming as sd food. If you mapdown, you are not watching the same show on the hd channel, as is on the sd channel.That was a bad move on dish's part with mapdown. I can see why it is done, but only if it is the same identical channel.
huh?? The mapdown doesn't REPLACE the channel.. it sits right next to it (u get both versions)

All of the new HD Channels from Discovery (including TLC HD) are MOSTLY UPCONVERTED SD and is presented in Stretch-O-Vision.
I'm not so sure about that. Discovery Networks has been filming with HD cameras for a number of years now. I think they've got much more HD material than people realize.

What would be HD lite? 1440x1080 would be HD-lite on my Sony,Since it has a resolution of 1920x1080? but not on my Philips since the resolution is 1366x768?. How does that work?

Remember it's not just resolution. Bit rate also play a large role.

I'm not so sure about that. Discovery Networks has been filming with HD cameras for a number of years now. I think they've got much more HD material than people realize.

The two shows I watch on Discovery, Mythbusters and Man vs. Wild, have had new episodes this season that all appeared to be shot in HD. At least the episodes I have seen were 16:9/panoramic/whatever its called. I don't recall if the previous seasons were the same though...

1440 is what voom dbs had them at

dish briefly had 4 of the channels at 1920 when they switched over

Holy cats! ARe you telling us dish briefly was broadcasting 1080p during the setup???

Is that what you mean when you say they had them at 1920?

That is fascinating if so..I thought we were still years away from providers even getting a twinkle in their eye about delivering HD at that bandwidth.

Did it work ok..no stuttering or drop out? How did it look? Were you actually able to look at a signal? How many more satellites would DISH need to put into orbit to push out all the HD in 1080p? Is that even a technological possibility right now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)