Uplink Issues????

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I know we haven't posted a lot of uplinks recently, but I noticed that something changed here in Chicago at some point today (3/27/2023). I noticed this afternoon that there were a lot of "No Info Available" for my OTA subchannels that normally have an EPG or at least say Digital Service. When I let the program guide re-download and scanned the programming guide, the Weigel owned channel here, channel 26, has it's subchannels messed up. I know Dish hasn't done much with subchannels over the past handful of years, but previously 26-4 and 26-5 were accurate - these are H&I and Story. (We lost 26-3 years ago - it is ME TV but is accurate on 23-1, which is also ME TV). I don't know if this has anything to do that today Decades was replaced with Catchy Comedy on 26-6, but just interesting that today that 2 of my subchannels don't have accurate EPG anymore that previously did. (They are instead the same EPG as 26-2, which is The U)

The fact that there were so many channels that said No Info Available but only 2 channels were changed makes me thinks that my tuner was freaking out due the change, but an observation I had.

Dish has not cared about OTA programming guide info for a couple of years. The Las Vegas channel mapping is wrong in many cases and the programming content info is often for a different channel (than what the logo says) or simply 1 hour blocks of anonymous content. This does not only apply to the digi-net subchannels. The local OTA ABC affiliate is just 1 hour blocks.

There was someone who answered questions about this from Dish in one of the topics two years or so ago but they simply disappeared. My conclusion is that Dish does not really support OTA. Yet they still try to push it as an alternative to the local channels delivered by satellite.

Dish has not cared about OTA programming guide info for a couple of years. The Las Vegas channel mapping is wrong in many cases and the programming content info is often for a different channel (than what the logo says) or simply 1 hour blocks of anonymous content. This does not only apply to the digi-net subchannels. The local OTA ABC affiliate is just 1 hour blocks.

There was someone who answered questions about this from Dish in one of the topics two years or so ago but they simply disappeared. My conclusion is that Dish does not really support OTA. Yet they still try to push it as an alternative to the local channels delivered by satellite.
Why would they prioritize something that causes them to lose money? They didnt have to implement Ota into their receivers to begin with but they did for convenience, so I'd just be thankful for that.