Uplink Report for November 15, 2006

with audio-only simulcasts on 87.7 FM.

Not an FM "simulcast" at all - ALL ch 6's do this, due to 87.7 being right around the audio carrier for ch 6. The FM band legally does NOT go down past 88.1, you know... ;)

Try it & see - if you have a channel 6 from either cable or antenna & hook it up to an FM radio, if the radio goes down to 87.7, you'll be picking up the audio for that ch 6. I used to listen to the audio for WPSD-TV 6, NBC Paducah in my car when I went to SIU-Carbondale.

Not an FM "simulcast" at all - ALL ch 6's do this, due to 87.7 being right around the audio carrier for ch 6. The FM band legally does NOT go down past 88.1, you know... ;)

Try it & see - if you have a channel 6 from either cable or antenna & hook it up to an FM radio, if the radio goes down to 87.7, you'll be picking up the audio for that ch 6. I used to listen to the audio for WPSD-TV 6, NBC Paducah in my car when I went to SIU-Carbondale.

http://www.mastervideo.com/ntsc_chart.htm

Then there's WWV and WWVB (Colorado) and WWVH (Hawaii). Those are significantly west of the Mississippi River. But the "city of license" (if you want to call it that) is Washington, D.C.

They are government stations and are licensed differently than the commercial licenses. Apples and oranges.

Channel 6 is on 87.7 MHz. They don't simulcast, for analog TV audio is on an FM carrier, and if you had the appropriate tuner you could pick up any stations audio broadcast.

This is why I call wikipedia the Cheez-Whiz of knowledge.

Cheers,

understandable. When I lived in Duluth, I listened to channel 6 (NBC) on 87.7
They even had commercials about it.

"not home to see NBC6? Listen to us in your car. Just tune to 87.7 and hear all the great programming by NBC6" or something of the nature

I answered it above. I was more proving the point that XETV was licensed to Mexico and not San Diego

There was a station in Alaska (KZND) that got on the air this way. They wanted ot be radio but had issues getting a license. So they got a TV license (LP) for channel 6

The TV channel had a camera on top of the building looking at the street as the "picture". They ID"d as "87.7 the End" and didnt say anything about the "TV" portion :)

I answered it above. I was more proving the point that XETV was licensed to Mexico and not San Diego

There was a station in Alaska (KZND) that got on the air this way. They wanted ot be radio but had issues getting a license. So they got a TV license (LP) for channel 6

The TV channel had a camera on top of the building looking at the street as the "picture". They ID"d as "87.7 the End" and didnt say anything about the "TV" portion :)

There is an LPTV Channel 6 in the NYC area that is doing something simular, running something else on the video carrier but running brokered i think russian programming on the audio and advertising it on air as tune in via 87.7.

The SatelliteGuys.US Uplink Activity Report - 11/20/2006 - 1 change

Uplink Comparison Range: 11/16/2006 09:08A - 11/20/2006 08:55A - (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

7778 - FOX removed from EchoStar7 119W TP 20 ConUS beam

Channels in the system: 3171
(A) = Available
(NA) = Not Available

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts