Uplink Report for Wednesday August 23rd

Maybe I'm confused.
you're getting them right now via OTA, right? (obviously since Dish hasnt turned them over to customers yet)

and now that they are uplinked, the guide comes in for all but 64?

The reason the guide may not come in (and I don't know exactly how Dish transfers the guide data to the digital channels) but the digital version of KUIL is on KVHP's subchannel (29-2)

KUIL's programming can also be seen in both Beaumont and Lake Charles markets on a digital subchannel of KVHP's digital signal, on channel 30.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KUIL

and since KVHP isn't uplinked on Dish, maybe the guide won't show up on 64. (I could be totally wrong here and hopefully someone can chime in) :)

My local PAX I can pick up on digital but since Dish doesn't carry it, guide says "local digital"

Midland/Odessa on 110?

Why are the Midland/Odessa & Beaumont, TX locals going up on 110? Lubbock, Amarillo, and Abilene, I believe, are all on 148.

Iceberg said:
Maybe I'm confused.
you're getting them right now via OTA, right? (obviously since Dish hasnt turned them over to customers yet)

and now that they are uplinked, the guide comes in for all but 64?

The reason the guide may not come in (and I don't know exactly how Dish transfers the guide data to the digital channels) but the digital version of KUIL is on KVHP's subchannel (29-2)

and since KVHP isn't uplinked on Dish, maybe the guide won't show up on 64. (I could be totally wrong here and hopefully someone can chime in) :)

My local PAX I can pick up on digital but since Dish doesn't carry it, guide says "local digital"

I don't get Fox in digital yet ota as I am about 65 miles away from the Fox station in Lake Charles. I can't get either Fox station in digital but I can get both Fox stations in analog with my Toshiba tv as it has both analog and digtial tuners. . But with the 622 I don't get the analog channels. So that is what I meant about not getting Fox 64 yet in digital.

Last edited:
MikeD-C05 said:
I don't get Fox in digital yet ota as I am about 65 miles away from the Fox station in Lake Charles. I can't get either Fox station in digital but I can get both Fox stations in analog with my Toshiba tv as it has both analog and digtial tuners. . But with the 622 I don't get the analog channels. So that is what I meant about not getting Fox 64 yet in digital.

ahhh...OK now it makes sense :) You can't get Fox in digital and the 622 doesn't do analog. But I thought the only way to get guide info for the 622 was to subscribe to locals (which arent available yet)?

Iceberg said:
ahhh...OK now it makes sense :) You can't get Fox in digital and the 622 doesn't do analog. But I thought the only way to get guide info for the 622 was to subscribe to locals (which arent available yet)?

I have purchased locals Iceberg and have had them at a "moved" address for the last 4 years. :D

Iceberg said:
The digital signal for KUIL is on Lake Charles Fox (KVHP??) as a subchannel but since that isn't uplinked on Dish (KVHP) it may not fill in programming

Can you explain? The only thing on KVHP's OTA mux is their 480i channel of KVHP.

digiblur said:
Can you explain? The only thing on KVHP's OTA mux is their 480i channel of KVHP.

digi
I'm just going off what I've read (wikipedi has it)

KUIL-LP is owned by National Communications, who also owns Fox affiliate KVHP in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Prior to 2003, KVHP served Beaumont and Port Arthur, in addition to Lake Charles. In 2003, KVHP established KUIL-LP, as a way to provide local ads and UPN programming just for that region, plus alternate coverage of sports that are more relevant to the Beaumont market (such as Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys football).

KUIL's programming can also be seen in both Beaumont and Lake Charles markets on a digital subchannel of KVHP's digital signal, on channel 30.

But as I look at www.tvradioworld.com under the DT channel for KVHP it doesn't list KUIL..

Sorry for being off topic but I must say scrolling down seeing MikeD-C05's avatar and then Iceberg's alternating several times is really funny :D

OKay . I thought it was funny but now I think I will have to replace my avatar. IT does look ridiculous.:eek:

How does this one look? Much more dignified RIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTT?????

Last edited:
MikeD-C05 said:
Yes I agree. I have waited since 98 or 99 for sd locals for Beaumont and now 7 or 8 years later we are getting the sd locals. So 8 or 9 years later in 2014 or 2015 we might get the hd versions. Till then I will make due with Houston hd locals and guide information for Beaumont.

Mike. My brother currently has the Dish HD box with the OTA antenna hooked up to it.
How did you get a guide for the local digital stations to show up? He says he still has no guide info on his.
Also how are you picking up the Houston HD Stations? I can only get channel 20 to come in with any kind of good signal.

I subscribe to the Houston locals as I had "moved" to Houston about 3 years ago. If you subscribe to any Dish locals , you will get guide information for any ota digital stations that Dish has uplinked on the satellite in sd . This gives me the best of both for my situation. Houston hd channels and guide information for my ota stations too.

MikeD-C05 said:
I subscribe to the Houston locals as I had "moved" to Houston about 3 years ago. If you subscribe to any Dish locals , you will get guide information for any ota digital stations that Dish has uplinked on the satellite in sd . This gives me the best of both for my situation. Houston hd channels and guide information for my ota stations too.

Not always the case. I live in a county in Ohio that receives the Cincinnati locals, however, my zip code links to the Dayton DMA. I do not get guide info for either the Cincinnati or Dayton OTA HD channels. It is a pain in the neck to record programs on the DVR (have to use manual timers). To fix this, Dish needs to step up its significantly viewed areas. I am truly in between both DMAs and I think should be able to recieve both as the Time Warner cable is allowed to do.

BearcatScott said:
Not always the case. I live in a county in Ohio that receives the Cincinnati locals, however, my zip code links to the Dayton DMA. I do not get guide info for either the Cincinnati or Dayton OTA HD channels. It is a pain in the neck to record programs on the DVR (have to use manual timers). To fix this, Dish needs to step up its significantly viewed areas. I am truly in between both DMAs and I think should be able to recieve both as the Time Warner cable is allowed to do.

But do you subscibe to the Cincinnati locals ? IF you do and Dish has Dayton and Cincinnati up on the satellite then you should get your ota digital information. The key is you have to pay Dish for locals and then it give you the information for any ota digital channel as long as Dish carries the sd versions up on the satellite.

MikeD-C05 said:
...any ota digital channel as long as Dish carries the sd versions up on the satellite.
Are you sure about this? So theoretically I could "move" to Atlanta or New York to get DishHD locals and still get the guide info for the "real" ones from Mobile? I figured what OTA locals appeared in the guide depended on the DMA you were subscribed in.

I subscribe to the Cincy locals. I recently moved about 5 miles from where I used to live. At my old house the info for the Cincy HD channels was in the guide. Since I have moved the info doesn't show up. I called Dish and they said I now live in an in between area. Although I have a Dayton zip code, I receive the Cincinnati locals because I live in Warren County (I want the Cincy locals btw). However, from my understanding, the local info in the guide goes by zip code. Since I don't subscribe to the Dayton locals I don't get the Dayton HD info in the guide either. Furthermore, the SD locals do not remap to the local channel numbers on the guide because they remap by zip code also. It is a big pain remembering channel 9 is 8000 and something.

Pepper said:
Are you sure about this? So theoretically I could "move" to Atlanta or New York to get DishHD locals and still get the guide info for the "real" ones from Mobile? I figured what OTA locals appeared in the guide depended on the DMA you were subscribed in.

I can tell you that my "house" in NY that gets the NY HD locals from 61.5 is also able to get OTA guide info for my major networks carried on Dish in MI (and specifically in the South Bend Indiana DMA). Of course thats soon going to go away when I drop HD locals for OTA/QAM setup instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)