UPS left my 622 on my doorstep

digiblur said:
Wait for a package to be stolen at your house... your whole street will magically become a signature required street.

Doesn't even take that. FedEx requires signatures on everything unless you have a waiver filed at their office. I have had nothing but bad experience with FedEx but UPS has been really easy to get along with.

I'm amazed that UPS and Fedex are qualified to determine if I live in a "safe" neighborhood. Then they are free to leave whatever they want in plain sight in front of my door!

If one lives out in the country and no one is home, then you might as well leave the door unlocked. It's nothing to break a window anyway and there is no one around to see or hear you do it. Leaving the door unlocked saves the cost of replacing a window.

The reason I found it strange was that Natelie Winters told me someone had to be home for delivery as SIGNITURE WILL BE REQUIRED! Guess she was incorrect!
Good info thread..

Fedex always requires a signature for delivery, UPS doesn't unless it is specifically asked for(at least when stuff is delivered to my house).

I have rarely had Fedex ask for a signature, except when it is requested by the signature, and even then, I've had delivery drivers sign it "front door" or somthing similar. UPS only asks for a signautre if paid for by the sender also.

....As far as lost/stolen packages go, UPS policy is if a package is stolen that didn't require a signature, they will replace the contents of the package under the insurance policy - BUT your house will be entered into the system as a signature required delivery address from that point on so that there can't be anymore problems after that. .....Not sure about FedEXs official policy regarding that stuff though.

Gotta chime in here...

UPS recently changed their policies on what can be left, and where. They can't leave ANYTHING at apartments anymore, which sucks for me because i'm asleep when the guy comes (night shifter...) and usually don't hear his knocks. If he weighed more than 150 lbs maybe i'd hear it...I had to help him with a box one time, guy is a wimp...But anything that's not an apartment or similar, they'll just drop the package. It's solely a theft issue. If you live in an apt. or really bad neighborhood, you gotta sign now...

Fedex is the best. If they knock and I'm here to answer, They ask me to sign, which I have no problem with. If I don't answer the door or i'm not home, they sign for it and leave it. PERFECT SOLUTION for me and most people.

I mean, people work during the day when these guys are delivering. To expect everyone to have someone at home to sign is ridiculous. In this day and age, a person could probably sue UPS for discrimination and win...

KenSoren said:
Doesn't even take that. FedEx requires signatures on everything unless you have a waiver filed at their office. I have had nothing but bad experience with FedEx but UPS has been really easy to get along with.

Someone needs to inform my FedEx guy of this... he always leaves packages at my home without anyone home.

I love that statement

Tom Bombadil said:
UPS and FedEx both leave everything on my front porch. I live out in the country and never lock the doors of my car at night, and frequently leave the house unlocked. No crime out here.

Heck, if UPS and FedEx would try my front door on most days they could put the boxes in my house.

Many thiefs are just opportunists and will more often strike if it's easy (although if they want it they will figure out a way to get it)

I used to live in *the country* outside a city / community where people leaved their cars running as they went into the market (it's cold and you keep your car warm) or leave doors unlocked and it drove me mad when someone would complain about theft then use that line, I never lock my stuff (the illusion of security, no one's going to steal my stuff), the fact is it takes like 5 seconds to lock your front door or your car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts