urgent Action Required

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I live just north of Pittsburgh and got the "urgent" letter. I called the number and was told that they want to move my HD locals from 118 to 129. I told the CSR that was no good because 129 is below the treeline. She said they would need to send a tech out to check it out. I told her they have already checked it out when I got the Dish 500 plus put in and 129 was too low on the horizon and that why they put a wing dish at 61.5. She said a tech still had to come out.

I then asked if I would lose my HD locals if the tech verified that 129 was too low on the horizon and she said no.

So either they're going to maintain them on 118 or mirror them on 61.5 or somewhere else, or she wrong and I will lose them, at which point I'll probably move to D.

I know I'm not the only one around here that can't see 129.

Does anyone know if the channels are going to be mirrored on 61.5?

I have a Dish tech coming next Wednesday so I'll know more then.
Accordingot the info on dishuser.org, PGH locals are 118.7 and 129. To the best of my knowledge all locals will be migrated off the 118.7 .

link to chart....EKB: Dish HD Locals..

That's why I thought EA would be a better solution. With the amount of trees and hilly terrain there, E* could probably get more installs with an EA setup.

Yes. I have worked in PGH and there are very hilly neighborhoods where people on one side of the street can get satellite while those on the other cannot because of the elevation change.
I am kind of surprised thast markets as far north as PGH ands Erie are getting locals off the 129. The slot is very low in the sky for that latitude

I understand that. I have a 1000.4 with a wing at 118. I live in the DC market but "moved" to Pittsburgh 4 months ago. Dish never shut off my DC locals, and I was receiving both sets of locals until today. I guess what I was asking is: if I had my wing pointed at 129 instead of 118, would E* have sent the letter telling me I need to upgrade my dish? E* installed the 1000.4, I installed the wing at 118, How did they know I was pointed at 118???

It wasn't anything specific to you. DISH made some changes to customer management software that cleared up numerous accounts that had more than one set of locals but weren't in a qualifying account status to receive multiple DMAs.

Urgent Action Update

A dish tech was just here. He said he needed to do a site survey. He told me DishNetwork will be doing site surveys around the area over the next couple of months so they could determine how to proceed.
We already knew they waned to move Pittsburgh locals off of 118 and they are already on 129. The tech said one option is just point a dish to 129, another is moving the Pittsburgh market too the Eastern Arc but Dish won't make any decision until the results of the site surveys come in.

In my case 129 is too low on the horizon. The tech said there were a lot of other customers in the area with the same issue. He said he didn't expect too much to happen before summer, including moving off of 118.

A dish tech was just here. He said he needed to do a site survey. He told me DishNetwork will be doing site surveys around the area over the next couple of months so they could determine how to proceed.
We already knew they waned to move Pittsburgh locals off of 118 and they are already on 129. The tech said one option is just point a dish to 129, another is moving the Pittsburgh market too the Eastern Arc but Dish won't make any decision until the results of the site surveys come in.

In my case 129 is too low on the horizon. The tech said there were a lot of other customers in the area with the same issue. He said he didn't expect too much to happen before summer, including moving off of 118.

Good to know. Thank you for the update.:)

Given the hilly terrain of the greater PGH area, I think it unwise of Dish to put HD PGH locals on the 129 slot.

Well i hope they don't switch to eastern arc because i prefer the dish 1000 plus bigger dish better reception,guess if i have the option to keep the dish or buy it if need be that's what i'll do because i don't want eastern arc.

ok...Why do you not want easter arc?
While the larger reflector of the D-1000+ does give greater gain, the EA dish if properly peaked ,suffers no more rain fade than the Western Arc dishes.
The elevation angle of EA is much higher than the western arc. This would allow many more customers in the PGH area to receive HD locals.
Perhaps PGH will end up like some other cities where the HD locals are off BOTH Arcs.

Pittsburgh can be a installers nightmare........

BIG hills, homes built into hillsides, tons of large mature trees.......

I was a dealer for awhile, just add zero temp days where coax doesnt want to uncoil and well you get the picture:(

plus local residents want dishes on the chimney where they belong. trouble is the chimeys are old, many can be pushed over by just leaning on them.

Eastern arc.

ok...Why do you not want easter arc?
While the larger reflector of the D-1000+ does give greater gain, the EA dish if properly peaked ,suffers no more rain fade than the Western Arc dishes.
The elevation angle of EA is much higher than the western arc. This would allow many more customers in the PGH area to receive HD locals.
Perhaps PGH will end up like some other cities where the HD locals are off BOTH Arcs.

Well to be honest i've heard more people complain about losing their signal with the eastern arc than the dish 1000 plus,now true some might not have been peaked but to me bigger is better when it comes to a satellite dish believe me i know after having a 10 ft c-band dish,that and i have talked to people who have the dish 1000 plus and can agree with them for the most part as to when they said only extreme conditions is when they lost their signal.

I have the eastern arc dish 1000.4 and since the new sat went up at 72.7 I am getting between 60 -70 on all transponders. On the 77 sat I am getting between 50-58 and on 61.5 I am getting between 40-70. This is comparable to what I was getting on western arc, except for the 77 sat which is the equivalent to 110. . The 110 sat is much stronger with higher strength numbers than the 77 sat and much newer. But I am sure that when a new sat goes up next year for 119 they might look at rotating the old sat there for either 77 or possibly 61.5 sat slots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)