URGENT ACTION REQUIRED !

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They said it won't cost me anything, but in a way it does. I own all of my equipment, which in the past I could sell on ebay and recoup some of the cost. Now that equipment is worth $0. The equipment they are replacing my 522's with will belong to Dish. So I am basically losing the cost of my 522's .

I'm also an A+ customer with a hefty monthly subscription which may help in that they want to keep suckers like me as customers.

Well what do you expect them to do? Do you think they should continue supporting all equipment no matter how old simply because someone may have bought it? I bought a cable modem years ago. My cable company has recently switched to DOCSIS 3.0. They replaced my modem that I purchased with a leased one. That's what happens. Stuff goes obsolete/end of life.

Thanks Derwin. The more I think about it , the more I realize what a huge PITA this is going to be for me. I'll have to re-program everyone's Favorites and recordings into 6 receivers. I also have one of the 522's sending audio to my whole house music system which I'll have to redo. And I have security cameras going to the antenna inputs of the receivers now which I won't be able to do with any of these HD receivers.

PITA or not, if Scott's right about the premiums going to 72.7, you don't have much choice - better now with the free upgrade offer.

PITA or not, if Scott's right about the premiums going to 72.7, you don't have much choice - better now with the free upgrade offer.

Yea I agree. And it will be nice to have all new receivers. I knew it would eventually happen, I just needed to whine a little about it. And take a day off of work.:)

Can I move my Dish 300 61.5 dish to 72.7 and be ok with leaving my 110/119 Dish 500 dish where it is?:confused:
Not unless you want to lose a significant amount of programming.

The different arcs aren't exact mirrors of each other on a satellite-by-satellite basis, so if you can't get 110 you can't just replace it with 72.7, for instance.

If you don't have 110/119/129 or 61.5/72.7/77 it's not going to work. If you try to mix between the groups you're going to lose programming.

The premium HD movie channels are going to start migrating to 72.7 in the next few weeks. I think thats why some are getting these notices in the mail.

Well that's great, nice of Dish to say something cause my office never said anything either so every single one of us techs in this area that are running around for 61.5 repoints to 129 that can't do it we should have just moved it over to 72.7 instead. I love how Dish communicates this to everyone....ugg!!!! :rolleyes:

Well that's great, nice of Dish to say something cause my office never said anything either so every single one of us techs in this area that are running around for 61.5 repoints to 129 that can't do it we should have just moved it over to 72.7 instead. I love how Dish communicates this to everyone....ugg!!!! :rolleyes:
The HD movie channels will be on 72.7 on Eastern Arc and 129 on Western Arc.

You *should* be doing repoints of 61.5 to 129 to build a consistent Western Arc 110/119/129 reception -- it's the only way your customers are going to get all the channels unless you convert them to pure Eastern Arc at 61.5/72.7/77 using all ViP receivers.

The satellite fleet is too different between Eastern and Western arc for them to continue doing 1:1 matching. Up until recently everything that was on 129 was mirrored on 61.5 -- that will no longer be the case.

will53033 said:
... It is possible that down the road other HD channels will move from 61.5 to 72.
When that happens I will lose channels. I can get 129 or 77 because of LOS. Therefore, I will probably be switching to Direct.

If you get 61.5 & 72.7 you will likely get everything you want. 77 has little of interest. You might have LoS issues with Direct, too.

I did a chat w/ dish last night & even got transferred to a "tech" chat... I'm sorry, but maybe I was just tired & let it get the best of me, but I could not get them to believe that I had 129... they kept saying that I have 61.5... now they want to give me a new dish, which is great, but to get 129 w/ a single dish is going to cost me $$... I really would like it since the LNB drift on my super dish has grown to -11dB on 119 & -10dB on 110, but where it is & where my dish is for 129, is about 30' apart...

To the installers here, when the equipment upgrade is supposed to be "free" from dish, how does it work w/ relocation??? I have good signals now, but am afraid the single dish #'s won't be as strong. Any input? (I'm in extreme eastern Virginia BTW)

Thanks

Not unless you want to lose a significant amount of programming.

The different arcs aren't exact mirrors of each other on a satellite-by-satellite basis, so if you can't get 110 you can't just replace it with 72.7, for instance.

If you don't have 110/119/129 or 61.5/72.7/77 it's not going to work. If you try to mix between the groups you're going to lose programming.

I should be able to get 129 unless the elevation angle is 2 low. I don't think my Dish 500 dish that gets 110 and 119 right now would get 72.7 and 77. Thats only 4 deg of separation where as 110/119 are 9 degrees.

I hope if I do get 129 that I won't loose the east coast feed for the stations I have now.

I'll look into a 1000.4 system for the eastern arc.

EDIT 1. I have a clear shot of 129 right over my pool. The closest trees are about 1000' away. Weekend project! Maybe I'll look at the 1000.2 system rater than the 1000.4 system since 110 and 119 are clear shot also. Go from 2 dishes to 1. My boss will like that!

Last edited:
Well so much for an easy change. Sat 129 requires a skew of +45 deg. The Dish 300 I have does not have a skew adjustment on the mount. I 2 extra Dish 500 mounts and they have the required skew adjustments BUT the Dish 300 LNB will not fit the Dish 500 LNB mount with out modifications.

Oh well I had ordered the 1000.4 system earlier. I tried to change the order to the 1000.2 system but my supplier has already shipped the .4 system. Checked the individual satellite angles and I will just have LOS on 65.1/72.7/77.0 satellites. The angles are over my house. The elevation angles look good also. At least I won't have to worry about the house growing and the need to have it trimmed.

Well so much for an easy change. Sat 129 requires a skew of +45 deg.
Nope. You only need to set the skew to get a reflector to line up with multiple satellites. (ie, when you aim a 1000.2, you point the dish at 119, then the skew is set so that 110/119/129 are all in a straight line with the dish)

The Dish300 only focuses a single sat, so you just set the elevation and azimuth and go.

Nope. You only need to set the skew to get a reflector to line up with multiple satellites. (ie, when you aim a 1000.2, you point the dish at 119, then the skew is set so that 110/119/129 are all in a straight line with the dish)

The Dish300 only focuses a single sat, so you just set the elevation and azimuth and go.

Thanks for the info. Well I will try that in a couple of hour.

I was on the Dish site and could find aiming angles for the DISH 1000.2, well the angles be the same for the DISH 1000.4? If there is no info on the angles, I have a Channel Master Sat meter and I will get it close with the angles for the 1000.2 and fine tune it more with the meter.

Thanks for the info BTW.

I've found the best way to let things go is to not respond and they go away on their own... ;)

I agree, which is why slamminc should have taken your advice and not stirred it all up again. Maybe this is how you get thousands of posts . :)

I agree, which is why slamminc should have taken your advice and not stirred it all up again. Maybe this is how you get thousands of posts . :)

no it's not, but nice try there sparky! :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)