Urgent

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yellowcanary73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Installer here to install DPP44 Switch taking grounding blocks off of coxail says only needs to ground 44 box also says you do not want power inserter on main tv or 622 ??

NO NO NO NO!!! the switch is not an approved ground source by the NEC AT ALL WHAT SO EVER!!!

Not a single one of the switches that E or D use are approved for being used as a ground source by the NEC, if this guy is grounding your system to the switch then he is an idiot, grounding of the coax and system is to be done between the dish and the switch to provide the switch and receivers with the best possible protection from static and lightning dish charge.

Last edited:
I know I tried to tell the guy that so instead of he puts the ground after the switch and where it comes into the house now he is trying to say 40 is good enough to watch HD even tho I have a perfect view and sunny day.

I finally told him he did not have to adjust it so he left I climbed up on the roof one armed just tweaked it.Now lowest is 76 on 129,105 on 119,98 on 110 but man was it a trip climbing off the roof on to a ladder in 25 mile hour winds.

Damned crazy birds, hehe, now call and complain about this, you deserve a service credit to say the least. What company was this yahoo with anyways?

Dishnetwork.You know how that goes in to big a hurry even tho he's paid by the hour It's hard to find anyone doing quality work now days in any occupation.I'm one who cares about the quality of work I did.

Same here but the problem is is that I dont think he was in a hurry so much as he didnt give a crap about doing it right. Granted it does take time to do the grounding properly and when your grounding 4 lines its time consuming to link the ground blocks and do the drip loops so Im guessing that at most you have 2 lines coming out of the switch wich is why he put the GB after the switch. But the signal issue says he doesnt care or he doesnt know any better wich is a good possibility as I had no training on the d1000 nor was I told what to expect with the signal strength off the 129 sat. Honestly if it wasnt for this site ( Bows to Scott several times ) and the people on it ( SimpleSimon and Claude to name a few ) I wouldnt know as much as I do now and Ive been doing this for 6 years.

im just wondering what state ur in because here in cali (los angeles) 70 on the dish 1000 is damn near impossible.In the last few months i have done 2 or 3 a day and you can never get it that high, were adv. 60 to 65 depending on which transponder your using. but most of us know that there is a problem with the 129 because when the d1000 first came out i was able to mid 90's on the 129... and as far as grounding the switch i ground the lines leading to the rec. but since i also work for a lic. california electrical contractor i know legally we can ground copper wire to al.. --and if any of you reader live in the palmdale lancaster area u have al. wire in your homes grounded to a copper ground rod as well as some of the homes in compton.. it just cost a little more to make the connection leagal..

the midwest is generally getting better signals on the 129, and i believe van is from Michigan or close to, where i am at we are pulling high 60's low 70's but i am farther north

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts