urgh - Internet Explorer 7 sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
I'm used to just going to an Explorer address bar, typing in a web address and that window going there.... this new IE freaking opens up an entire new window or re-bumps your already open IE window to a new address without giving you a way to get back without re-going their manually since the back button is off. Been using IE 7 all of 2 days and already hate it. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but for now it sucks. At work they made us not upgrade to ie7 because it breaks a lot of their intranet apps. I am trying it at home just to see what it's like and I'm not liking it much. Think I better hop back in to foxfire for a while.... I love foxfire with tor enabled.

I noticed when I did updates it wanted me to upgrade to 7.0

nope :)

plus I use firefox...no issues here :)

Im using it and have no problems at all, it only took me 5 minutes to learn the changes. If you expect any updates to a program to not change it in some way your going to be surprised, and if your not willing to learn how to use the new changes then your going to be more happy with not upgrading but the fact is that somewhere down the road you will either have to upgrade or switch to another program and have to learn that one.

I played around with the tabs settings, now it works better, but still is not quite right FWIW.

I agree that the address bar is not very responsive when several windows are open. It also seems as though the menu icons changed on me and aren't as easy to find. That includes the outlook icon to check mail. I had to manually include it in the bar. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to the little changes. All in all, I like the multiple windows option.

Last edited:
Yea I love the tabs, I miss being able to right click the back button to get the history on it and I also got bugged that there was no email icon in the menue either. sidekick how did you include it into yours?

IE7 Hint: See the little downarrow icon just to the right of the back/forward buttons? That's your URL history. Click on it and you can go back or forth through your URL chain.

Attachments

• IE7-History-Lesson.jpg
    IE7-History-Lesson.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 193
FF is good but its only a hair better than IE7 so micr$oft has made some good improvements with it.

Firefox 2.0 is still way better... I love the built in spell check!!! Granted IE7 has made some improvements. However, Microsoft likes to take great ideas from Apple, Mozilla, Linux, etc.. and make them bad... Vista is a prime example... I been running vista for a few months now testing it with our network and it has been extremely annoying... It will cause alot of headaches for our users!

I had issues with the VMWare ESX VMRC client and IE7. I had to drop back to IE6. I live and die in VMRC and the MSVS equivalent at the office.

Oh well.

LER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)