USA & Bravo HD

they haven't i asked him to take that down but claims someone had a link to an announcement

SPEED has announced it will go HD in 2008 in Feb for the start of Daytona speed weeks!

SPEED goes High-Def in 2008: SPEED will make its move to High Definition in 2008, beginning Feb. 7 with 100 hours of NASCAR on SPEED HD from Daytona Speedweeks. Topping the 70-million U.S. household mark and coming off four consecutive years of ratings growth in 2007, the move to High Definition is the next step in the evolution of a network that has added more than 30 million homes since being fully acquired by Fox Cable Networks in 2001. In addition to its season-long, at-track coverage of NASCAR, with programs including NASCAR RaceDay, Trackside, NASCAR Victory Lane, Tradin' Paint, NASCAR Live!, NASCAR Performance and Go or Go Home, SPEED also will explore opportunities to bring other racing series and special events to viewers in HD in 2008. In a move that began earlier this summer, SPEED programming is now commissioned in true 16:9 HD. In addition to the bold moves on the television side, SPEED's interactive division will raise the bar as well, with a re-launch of a completely re-tooled SPEEDtv.com slated for early February. The new site will feature dramatic across the board improvements in depth and timeliness of motor sports news and information, delivered through a new wide-screen format that is optimized for easy navigation, interactivity with mobile and other applications, social networking and customization. Registered SPEED Insiders (www.insider.speedtv.com) will get a sneak peek at the new SPEEDtv.com in early in January.(SPEED PR)(10-6-2007)

SPEED has announced it will go HD in 2008 in Feb for the start of Daytona speed weeks!

SPEED goes High-Def in 2008: SPEED will make its move to High Definition in 2008, beginning Feb. 7 with 100 hours of NASCAR on SPEED HD from Daytona Speedweeks. Topping the 70-million U.S. household mark and coming off four consecutive years of ratings growth in 2007, the move to High Definition is the next step in the evolution of a network that has added more than 30 million homes since being fully acquired by Fox Cable Networks in 2001. In addition to its season-long, at-track coverage of NASCAR, with programs including NASCAR RaceDay, Trackside, NASCAR Victory Lane, Tradin' Paint, NASCAR Live!, NASCAR Performance and Go or Go Home, SPEED also will explore opportunities to bring other racing series and special events to viewers in HD in 2008. In a move that began earlier this summer, SPEED programming is now commissioned in true 16:9 HD. In addition to the bold moves on the television side, SPEED's interactive division will raise the bar as well, with a re-launch of a completely re-tooled SPEEDtv.com slated for early February. The new site will feature dramatic across the board improvements in depth and timeliness of motor sports news and information, delivered through a new wide-screen format that is optimized for easy navigation, interactivity with mobile and other applications, social networking and customization. Registered SPEED Insiders (www.insider.speedtv.com) will get a sneak peek at the new SPEEDtv.com in early in January.(SPEED PR)(10-6-2007)
Links to this have been posted several times in the last week.

These channels have NOT been announced yet, however with that said I am expecting them to launch soon (possibly this week) as well as CNN HD.

Thats left turn for 3 hours.:)
When playing Nascar 200X on your PS2, pull a u-turn out of the pole position and immediately hit the gas going the wrong way. Get up on the track near the top and shoot straight down into the middle of the two lines of cars as they come around. There is no more fun than blasting 6 or 7 cars off the course! Woohoo! Then, if you survive, go around again!

Last edited:
These channels have NOT been announced yet, however with that said I am expecting them to launch soon (possibly this week) as well as CNN HD.
Yeah, when I read that TBS-HD launched early and that it wasn't supposed to go until 10/10, then I thought that E* likely has a few new HD additions for that date.

I would expect CNN-HD since it is also a Turner channel with TBS-HD. Not so sure if Cartoon-HD would also follow.

Scott, might SciFi be in the near future as well?

I think i can answer it, almost all SciFi happens in the future, not too often the Near future, and sometimes its happened "A Long Time Ago, In a Galaxy Far Far Away..."

sorry, couldnt resist :D

Woo Hoo. cars making a right turn for 3 hours... IN HD!

Who Hoo! Guys hitting a little ball with a stick for 3 hours... in HD!!!

Dont worry that is a very big jest :D

Oh btw, I suggest you dont ask a NASCAR fan about the intracasies of car racing.

Of course NASCAR fans want their races in HD. It'll make it that much easier to see the advertising that completely covers the tracks, the cars, the drivers, etc.