usa dishnet in mexico

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
mexico
i had thread going on in the direct tv section about losing channles down here in mexico.it sounds like it will be impossible by the end of the year.i was told that dish from the states works well here and i only need a small dish.from what i understand i can activate my ird in the states and just bring down the ird and my lnb and set it up on a dish here.anybody know if this is correct?thanks for any help

yeah i have been searching and found that the signal is good all the way to south america.just wondering if the lnb will work down here.

yeah i have been searching and found that the signal is good all the way to south america.just wondering if the lnb will work down here.

The newer receivers do not switch voltages for the even and odd transponders.
Instead, they receive a "stacked " signal where the odd and even transponder frequencies are simultaneously received on a single cable, eliminating the need for voltage switching.

Thus, they need a "stacking" lnb to transmit the signal.
Dishpro lnb's are "stacking" lnbs and the type you need.
It uses the standard DBS 12.2-12.7 Mhz signal.

When you see a reference to a "legacy" lnb, it is the old voltage switching type.
So - don't buy a legacy style lnb.

Reactions: TheKrell
If you get a "Dish Mexico" dish, you can get a limited package of US channels with some locals on 77. A few city's locals are available in HD and the rest would be SD.

Reactions: TheKrell
thank you i think i`ll give it try next season when i come back down.there will probably be a few more expat dtv users here looking to do the same if it is this easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)