USA Network or Sci-Fi or A&E HD ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A&E is in HD (not much programming at this time) Dish offers it!
Since his question is in the D* forum and not E*, I think he wanted to know when D* will offer these channels, not whether or not they existed. With that in mind, you probably won't see and new additions from D* until the new sats are up! Probably around Sept. or so!

thanks

Since his question is in the D* forum and not E*, I think he wanted to know when D* will offer these channels, not whether or not they existed. With that in mind, you probably won't see and new additions from D* until the new sats are up! Probably around Sept. or so!

thanks

I just got off the phone with a customer service rep. He said early 2007 scifi,bravo,usa and various other will be offered in HD. He said nothing about the sat but I would imagine it would have to be up to be offered. I have no idea though.

Sept is the best time frame for the New channels...Right around that time the Sat will be up and done with its testing if all goes well. I wouldnt plan on anything before then

Sept is the best time frame for the New channels...Right around that time the Sat will be up and done with its testing if all goes well. I wouldnt plan on anything before then

Boy , thats a lot different than Sping/Summer for the 1st and Fall for the 2nd sat.

I thought that both were suppose to be up in the air by fall ?

Jimbo

well the bird launches in June, figure they are done with the testing end of july/august-also remember alot of these channels wont even launch till sept so thats why I put Sept is the best time to see these new channels.

well the bird launches in June, figure they are done with the testing end of july/august-also remember alot of these channels wont even launch till sept so thats why I put Sept is the best time to see these new channels.

Plus the 2nd bird is delayed due to SeaLaunch's issues.

I personally wouldn't count on any channels until September. Perhaps a bit earlier if testing goes really well.

Plus the 2nd bird is delayed due to SeaLaunch's issues.

I personally wouldn't count on any channels until September. Perhaps a bit earlier if testing goes really well.

NO I don't think so.
D* said that the sealaunch accident would not affect their launch.
They said if nessasary they would attempt to find other ways to launch.

Last report I read was that the sealaunch situation was coming along very well.

Jimbo

I just got off the phone with a customer service rep. He said early 2007 scifi,bravo,usa and various other will be offered in HD. He said nothing about the sat but I would imagine it would have to be up to be offered. I have no idea though.
Considering the runaround you can get from CS, I wonder how reliable this is...

NO I don't think so.
D* said that the sealaunch accident would not affect their launch.
They said if nessasary they would attempt to find other ways to launch.

Last report I read was that the sealaunch situation was coming along very well.

Jimbo

It won't effect the launch of the first sat which is going up from one of the 'Stans in Central Asia.

But the the second sat will still be delayed a few months at best. It was supposed to go up after the first in July or August. SeaLaunch may not be back up by that time. DirecTV has already said they are planning on the second sat being early next year now, either with SeaLaunch or another provider. It's no quick thing to get another company to launch your sat, takes months to get a slot that is months away...and that's being quick about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)