USA to Mexico

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bobblehead

Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
USA
Living in the USA and Cancun. Would like to have service in the US and take the receiver to Mexico and install another dish and get the same service. Will the same receiver work in both places?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Bobblehead!

It's not possible with a standard Slimline dish and lnb, but if you use larger dishes and combine the signals, you may be able to make it work. The bottom line, it's not easy and may not be worth your trouble/expense. That far south in Mexico is outside of the normal footprint of watchable Directv signals. Directv Latin America may be what you need, but I think it will be an additional subscription for you.

Reactions: Bobblehead
Last I checked, the dish size required in other parts of Mexico (Mexico City and Guadalajara) was an 8 foot dish to watch most, but not all Directv US channels.

Not sure what dish size would be required in Cancun, though.

Sounds like there is a lot to consider. Thanks for the welcome Raoul5788 and all the advise everyone. I appreciate all the info.

Reactions: raoul5788
Living in the USA and Cancun. Would like to have service in the US and take the receiver to Mexico and install another dish and get the same service. Will the same receiver work in both places?
Hey Bobblehead, I can make it happen! If you contact me at mayamedia@dbstv.com I can make it happen for you, or my US line is 832 861 5106 if you are here in Mexico my cell is 998 147 2532

Last I checked, the dish size required in other parts of Mexico (Mexico City and Guadalajara) was an 8 foot dish to watch most, but not all Directv US channels.

Not sure what dish size would be required in Cancun, though.
I can do it with 60 to 85 cm antennas.

I thought it wasn't legal to watch American satellite TV in another country.

You are right,but most people get away using they're equipment from the US in Mexico

The Mexican FCC = Cofetel has not enforced the law for residential users in many parts of Mexico

Many years ago they did it in the C-Band days making all the Hotels & Resorts in Mexico to discontinued using American equipment to provide service to they're customer or guest enforcing then to use Sky TV which is now Directv Latin America Division in Mexico but programming is oriented to Spanish speaking audience

Lots of Bars and Restaurant still use American equipment to provide Sport Channels and PPV events

Hey hodamayo, I was thinking about you, that you could share some input, please note the OP is talking about DTV
I do mainly Dish Network here in Mexico. DiRECTV is possible, but since I am so far South DN works much better for me and my clients.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)