Usals and motor limits question on DG-380

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coisado

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
I recently purchased another dg-380 (I had another dg-380 that has since been donated to a friend and the reason that I have these replacements). The previous configuration worked like a charm to drive the motor via usals and mytheatre. However, I have not had quite the same experience with the second set of hardware. It seems that every once in a while one of the horizon limits (usually the westerm limit) get set on the sat that i am currently tuned to. For example i will dial up some feed on H2 74w but when i go to drive the motor back to lets say g18 the motor goes nowhere as the western limit as somehow been magically set to 74w. The only way that i have found to get the motor back to normal operation is to go physically reset the motor. The first time this happened I thought that this was just some fluke but as time has gone on it seems that it happens with greater frequency. I was hoping to try switching my usb card to the new dvbworld 2104 that i have to see if the problem comes from my current card but the dvbworld doesnt work with usals and mytheater (at least this is my experience but that is a whole other thread). Would anybody have an idea where the problem is?

no not here at my house. I made the mistake of giving it to my brother in return for a 1.2 channel master dish. :)

Unless your receiver was a HD model with S2, the trade for a CM 1.2 dish was probably a very good deal :) FTA receiver prices are very low these days...

dg-380

Coisade -- Right now my dg-380 is in storage, but I had a similar experience with it when I installed it several months ago with a 90cm Fortec dish. If I remember correctly, I had to reset the motor about 6 or 7 times (both hardware and software resets) and clear all of my receiver settings several times before everything seemed to work properly. Strange! I don't know why I had so much difficulty with this model, or what exactly cleared the problem in my case, but the good news is that the motor ended up tracking just fine. After about a week, I reinstalled my HH90 and put the dg-380 into storage. I'm not a big fan of the dg-380 (because of my initial experience with it), but when the HH90 reaches the end of its life, I will unpack the dg-380 and use it. For now, however, the HH90 is still kickin' like a champ!

Make sure that your coax cable and connectors are good.
If you are using a Disecq switch, it should be between the motor and the lnbf (rather than between the receiver and the motor).

Anyway, good luck -- I hope that by resetting the motor and perhaps your receiver several times you can solve the problem. That's the only advice I can offer.

Unless your receiver was a HD model with S2, the trade for a CM 1.2 dish was probably a very good deal :) FTA receiver prices are very low these days...

I agree. I would even say that I totally screwed my bother other than the fact that the he is a broadcast engineer at a local station and had a couple of surplus dishes. He is a very good resource for an fta hobbyist. :)

Coisade -- Right now my dg-380 is in storage, but I had a similar experience with it when I installed it several months ago with a 90cm Fortec dish. If I remember correctly, I had to reset the motor about 6 or 7 times (both hardware and software resets) and clear all of my receiver settings several times before everything seemed to work properly. Strange! I don't know why I had so much difficulty with this model, or what exactly cleared the problem in my case, but the good news is that the motor ended up tracking just fine. After about a week, I reinstalled my HH90 and put the dg-380 into storage. I'm not a big fan of the dg-380 (because of my initial experience with it), but when the HH90 reaches the end of its life, I will unpack the dg-380 and use it. For now, however, the HH90 is still kickin' like a champ!

Make sure that your coax cable and connectors are good.
If you are using a Disecq switch, it should be between the motor and the lnbf (rather than between the receiver and the motor).

Anyway, good luck -- I hope that by resetting the motor and perhaps your receiver several times you can solve the problem. That's the only advice I can offer.

Well funny you mentioned your experience. It seems that my motor is working just fine now. I hope that it continues to do so.:) Thanks for you help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts