USB Switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hmcewin

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Have two WD 500 Gig EHD and want to have both hooked to 622 with an A/B switch. I want a manual switch. Anyone have a source?

I am assuming the non-powered manual switch would work between the two HD's.

Thanks,

Henry

If you're going to get up and manually turn a switch.... why not just turn only one USB hard drive on at a time..... get up... walk over..... turn off EHD#1 and turn on EHD#2. Why introduce the complexity of yet another device?

If you're going to get up and manually turn a switch.... why not just turn only one USB hard drive on at a time..... get up... walk over..... turn off EHD#1 and turn on EHD#2. Why introduce the complexity of yet another device?

I guess I did not make myself clear. What I do not like doing is pulling one hdd out, unhooking and reconnecting the other HDD. Would like to, just select HDD A or HDD B without swithcing the cabeling. I really do not mind turning on either A or B as needed. Some things I like to save to A and some to B and have convenient switching between them.

Thank you for your reply.

Henry

Monoprice.com has one for $ 13.50

Thanks Dave. I took a look at the switch. The specs indicate the switch will auto sense the device that is active when hooked to a computer. Would the 622 behave the same way and detect the drive that is active? Really be cool if it would.

Anybody have any hands on experience with an auto detecting USB or manual switch in conjunction with the 622 when hooking up two EHD's?

Thanks,

Henry

I guess I did not make myself clear. What I do not like doing is pulling one hdd out, unhooking and reconnecting the other HDD. Would like to, just select HDD A or HDD B without swithcing the cabeling. I really do not mind turning on either A or B as needed. Some things I like to save to A and some to B and have convenient switching between them.
Use a USB hub, or plug one to the back and one to the front port. Just be sure only one is powered at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)