USC vs ND

John W

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Planet Earth
You had to know that I was going to post about this ;)

I am going up to the game with my family. I really think ND has a shot at knocking off USC. We won't stop them on D but I think we can score with them, should be a shootout.

What do you all think?

ND is strong on "O" but it all rests in what kind of game Quinn has. He must have a near-career game and the "D" needs to hold USC under 28 for them to win. USC has been "due" a LONG TIME! but I am still pulling for my boys to go 3 straight years.

I very rarely watch a college football game, as I work nights and it just doesn't jive with my schedule, but i'll be staying up for this tomorrow afternoon. Let's go ND!!

Wow it's amazing how many folks are traveling and from very distance places to be at this game. Must be really special. Where are they gonna fit everyone

It's a beautiful day for football in South Bend today! I haven't checked on the game yet as Purdue has managed to make their game interesting and I dare not tune away (down by 5 with 1:49 left!)(@&$%^, as soon as I post this, Kirsch throws an interception! You know, in my day at Red Brick U, the Northwestern game was a "gimmie")

I have the ND-USC game recording on my 942 so I can catch-up to real time by skipping the commercials.

ND got the real raw end of the deal on the end of that game. They should have won. I REALLY hate Matt Leinert. Well, actually I don't hate him. I hate every announcer who has to announce that he's a Heisman trophy winner either immediately before or after they say his name.

i have no prefrence on who won, but i feel the better team today did NOT win. at least the people who took the points and ND did win.

The team that scores the most points/gets the "W" at the end IS the better team. Although I wanted USC, I too can't stand hearing on every play the he won the Heisman; that was last year.

I'm not an ND or USC fan ....
ND got ripped, terible call at the end.
Clock ran out and the reffs had to figure out how to give USC another chance.
I'm suprised there was no penalty on the play to enshur it.

However, the Buckeye's got the Worst call of the Day award.

They recovered the ball on a fumble, on a 3rd down play, should have been Buckeyes ball at the 1, everyone called it that way,
Next thing I know it's 4th and whatever, and MSU is punting out of the endzone.

Da*n good thing they got a good return and eventually scored on the drive.
Of course they really su*ked in the 1st half, I think both thier big guns left their contacts in the dressing room.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
ND got ripped, terible call at the end.
Clock ran out and the reffs had to figure out how to give USC another chance.
Jimbo

UH, you must have missed the original play and the following 5 replays! Watch ESPNews to see it; the ball got nailed out of his hands and out of bounds with 9 secs on the clock; USC only got 7 secs put back on. ND lost by allowing the 4th down 64yd pass play previous to that and then not stopping USC at the goal line. Great game! Correct call! Legit win!

charper1 said:
UH, you must have missed the original play and the following 5 replays! Watch ESPNews to see it; the ball got nailed out of his hands and out of bounds with 9 secs on the clock; USC only got 7 secs put back on. ND lost by allowing the 4th down 64yd pass play previous to that and then not stopping USC at the goal line. Great game! Correct call! Legit win!

I watched most of the game while at dinner at a local sports bar, saw the end of the Mich game at the same time as the ND/USC game was winding down. I was headed home and could not find it on the radio, for some reason,
Go home in time to see the last 30 sec or so.

One dissadvantage to a LCD, at least mine, takes about 15-30 sec to fire up all the way .

I guess, I just would have liked to see USC lose for a change, I agree they have a great team ....

Things I am pondering ...
Just getting tired of the College dynasty.

and the talk about how great Lienert is ....
and how great the Pac ten is suppose to be.
Bush gets my vote for Heisman ....

Why can't we ever have a SOUTHERN team, Any southern team, come up to big ten country in the middle of winter and play in 10* weather, with snow and rain ect. and then we will see how great the warm fast boys play ball.

Lets even out the playing field and have the Big Bowl games in Inclimate weather instead of the perfect weather that the southern teams always play thier games in......

Two entirely differnt type of football, how great would some of these tewams be, if they had to deal with BIG TEN weather .....
I bet thier teams would not be so .. fast and enertaining.
Just tired of listening to media bash the style of football up here....
Oh it's sooooo boring, the Single wing .....

Granted it's not been bad weather up here yet this year, and thier already bashing ....
I'va already heard for 9 months how poor it will be in Detroit for the Super Bowl......even though it's indoors.

Ok, done pondering, and ranting

Jimbo

The Michigan v. Penn State and USC v. ND games were phenomenal weren't they? The Michigan game blew me away! and the refs called the play correctly on the USC game when Leinart fumbled the ball out of bounds. Great teams! Great games!

Ohio State was clearly the team that won by luck yesterday.

From today's newspaper (Yes i'm from ohio)

"How does a football team that gave up 456 yards in total offense, a team that fumbled six times, a team that was out-first-downed 27-13, a team that had as many fumbles as first downs in the first half, a team that allowed it's opponent to run a whopping 87 plays, 46 more than it did, a team that did not run one play from scrimmage inside the red zone until there were two minutes left in the game; how does a team ---oh, let's call it Ohio State on Saturday --- do all that and still beat Michigan State 35-14?"

Purogamer said:
Ohio State was clearly the team that won by luck yesterday.

From today's newspaper (Yes i'm from ohio)

"How does a football team that gave up 456 yards in total offense, a team that fumbled six times, a team that was out-first-downed 27-13, a team that had as many fumbles as first downs in the first half, a team that allowed it's opponent to run a whopping 87 plays, 46 more than it did, a team that did not run one play from scrimmage inside the red zone until there were two minutes left in the game; how does a team ---oh, let's call it Ohio State on Saturday --- do all that and still beat Michigan State 35-14?"

It's called having a DEFENSE that comes up BIG when it HAS TOO !!!!
They didn't play great, very average most of the day, EXCEPT when they HAD too.

Keep in mind MSU is the # 1 Offense in the Big Ten this year.

Still pissed about the officials call at the 2 yard line, when MSU quarterback clearly fumbled and we recovered at the 2, It was 3rd down, and they come back from the commercial and MSU gets to punt.
What do they call that??? and NO REPLAY ????

And YES I am a BUCKEYE !!!!

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts