USC vs ND

I just got back from the game. Damn is my throat sore from yelling. That was the most incredible day of football I have ever experienced and I have been going to football games (mainly ND ) for a long time. In general the USC fans that were at the game were great. I love Reggie Bush but hate his antics as he goes in for TD's. Zibby showed him what he thought of that also (it was a legal hit if you watch the replay in slow motion, not across the goal line yet). Reggie later apologized for that and said something like "That's not the way a leader should act".

The calls at the end of the game were correct. It all comes down to if we would have stopped them on the 4th and 9 or if Matt Leinhart would not have fumbled then they would not have had enough time to run another play. Plain and simple, USC won. I am very proud of ND though. I think we have a very bright future.

ND doesn't have any reason to hang their head for losing that game. In a fair world, it would have ended in a tie, because both teams were equally good that day. And the NBC OTA-HD feed was outstanding.

I'm expecting ND to still be in the BCS top ten when it gets released today. They could easily end up in a BCS bowl.

I think they are projected as 12th in the BCS poll. As long as we win out we will go as an at-large team, just hopine it is Orange 1st or Sugar Bowl 2nd cause I want to go and I will be on the west coast the second week of January so I can't really go on the first of January. I know we have no shot at the Rose bowl.

OSU played terribly, I watched the game but I'm not living in denial about it...

In a fair world ND would have won. Anyone see the replay of the ball going out at the 3, not the 1? At the 3 would have been a field goal try, not a sneak...Forgetting that, what about the extra seconds they gave them for no reason? Ignore all that, Anyone know that pushing a player forward (bush pushing leinart) is illegal?

I mean, c'mon...

Purogamer said:
OSU played terribly, I watched the game but I'm not living in denial about it...

In a fair world ND would have won. Anyone see the replay of the ball going out at the 3, not the 1? At the 3 would have been a field goal try, not a sneak...Forgetting that, what about the extra seconds they gave them for no reason? Ignore all that, Anyone know that pushing a player forward (bush pushing leinart) is illegal?

I mean, c'mon...

I aree with most everything you mentioned ...
Pushing teamates IS illegal, but happens alot and is never called.
However, ball should have been at 2-3 not the 1 as you mentioned

Yes the Bucks played poorly, and got out with a victory
Hopefully SOMEDAY Tressel will open up the offense and the line will block for a change. more blocking, maybe Smith would not THINK he has to RUN on every pass attempt, It really gets annoying he doesn't give the receivers time to run thier routes.

Jimbo

When smith just plays he seems to make those great throws, but he thinks too much...Wants to be the next vick instead of the first smith...Lot of guys have this envy problem...

I don't mind if they don't call a push in a BGSU vs. Syracuse game or something, but this is a HUGE game with HUGE implications and they really blew it. When a game is that important, it needs to be officiated correctly. NCAA wanted everyone to talk about this game, but not for these reasons i'm sure...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)