usc vs texas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
True CDRU but I guess with it being a national broadcast they would be a little level headed. I guess it might be hard but I don't think they were even trying.

The best part is they had to eat all their words in the end with Texas winning.

Neutron said:
WAY TO GO TEXAS!!!!

Hook 'Em Horns!!!! BRING THAT CHAMPIONSHIP TO TEXAS WHERE IT BELONGS!!!!

Sorry, very happy for the Longhorns!
HELL YEA!!!!:D Light up the UT TOWER!! Sorry for the CAPS my cousin plays there and he is the MAN!!!!!

Last edited:
The Tate said:
one of the best games I have ever seen

It has to rank up there although the Miami vs Ohio State National Championship game that went 2 overtimes was the best game I've seen in 43 years on this planet.

streamlcomm said:
We at Husker nation tip our hats to Vince Young and the Texas Longhorns!! Way to go! Go Big 12!!!

Being that my family is from TEXAS. All still live there except me and i played there one year and now my cousin!!! Man i am soo happy sorry folks i will shut up now!!:D

Roger said:
They were annoying as hell. The best team won and Vince Young is the most outstanding football player in college football. Look at all the points and numbers that were put up and they both played good defense. Great game!

Correction, Not much DEFENSE was played in the 2nd half, till late in the 4th quarter and only played by TEXAS !!! :yes

Jimbo

csschrot said:
True CDRU but I guess with it being a national broadcast they would be a little level headed. I guess it might be hard but I don't think they were even trying.
The best part is they had to eat all their words in the end with Texas winning.

What do you expect for 2 guy's that live on the West Coast and only broadcast West Caost and very prominant games.

They have been doing this for years, I use to like K. Jackson, but he has gotten worse in the last 4-5 years.
Can't call the game correctly, Several time saidBush had a 1st down or very close, only to be 2-4 yards short.
One time he said, White had a 1st down and then it was 2nd and 6.

Sheeesh

Time to retire

BTW, the only two commentators that are worse are Brent Mustberger and Gary Danialson.

Jimbo

Seems like USC thought they were in Hollywood. What was peteee thinking on fourth down? GO LONGHORNS they came to play football USC greatest team that ever choked.

Is vince really that great? Great game but he's as up and down as any other quarterback. He wasn't so great earlier in the season or in previous seasons...I think the entire reason he's not looked at more, or given more respect, is because he's the latest black mobile quarterback. hate to say that but it's true. Until McNabb or more specifically Vick get a ring, the "next" one of those guys isn't going to get the respect.

Purogamer said:
Until McNabb or more specifically Vick get a ring, the "next" one of those guys isn't going to get the respect.
I disagree. From what I've seen of VY, I think he'll be a McNabb style of player in the NFL when he choses to go out. He doesn't have quite the mobility/run game that Vick has, but he more then makes up for that with his passing game. He won't be an instant stud in the NFL but should mature into a very good player in a year or two. You don't need a ring to get respect. McNabb, when he was healthy and mobile, was respected. And defensive coaches hate trying to game plan around Vick. He has just too much mobility around him.

I'm a USC fan and I hate to say it but Vince Young looked like a man playing with boys out there. It's been a long long time since I've seen such an exhibition of athletic prowess, intellect, agility and composure. It was inspiring to watch.

cdru said:
I disagree. From what I've seen of VY, I think he'll be a McNabb style of player in the NFL when he choses to go out. He doesn't have quite the mobility/run game that Vick has, but he more then makes up for that with his passing game. He won't be an instant stud in the NFL but should mature into a very good player in a year or two. You don't need a ring to get respect. McNabb, when he was healthy and mobile, was respected. And defensive coaches hate trying to game plan around Vick. He has just too much mobility around him.

If VY went to a team with an Offensive line I think he could be instantly successful. He looks like a better McNabb.

Purogamer said:
Is vince really that great? Great game but he's as up and down as any other quarterback. He wasn't so great earlier in the season or in previous seasons...I think the entire reason he's not looked at more, or given more respect, is because he's the latest black mobile quarterback. hate to say that but it's true. Until McNabb or more specifically Vick get a ring, the "next" one of those guys isn't going to get the respect.

IS VINCE that great?:what The latest black QB that can move and pass@!!!!!!!! Yes he is good look at his time in TEXAS!! Also his high school career!!@$#$:shh

Jimbos said:
Correction, Not much DEFENSE was played in the 2nd half, till late in the 4th quarter and only played by TEXAS !!! :yes
Jimbo

Both sides played good defense and USC played by far their best defensive game of a year. Both teams were averaging over 50 points a game and held in the 30's by good defense. The problem was the offense had enough talent to beat the good defense.

I think vince young is very good, don't get me wrong, but I think a lot of people are basing their sudden opinions on one game and the hype surrounding it. If he was this good all here he'd have been a much closer (but still) 2nd place in the heisman race...

uhlesses said:
Seems like USC thought they were in Hollywood. What was peteee thinking on fourth down? GO LONGHORNS they came to play football USC greatest team that ever choked.

I too would have gone for it on that perticular 4th down, after all Len Dale White was ripping thru holes for 6-8 yards a pop all night long.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)