USDTV in Los Angeles?

mechaley

Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
I started picking up USDTV in the Los Angeles area using my OTA antenna and the ATSC tuner in my TV. Does anyone know of any plans for the services in L.A.?

I called USDTV and the CS agent had no idea why I was picking up the service. I noticed they were also offering Starz, which isn't listed on their web site.

Correct, I'm just curious if anyone had any any information if the service will be in Los Angeles in the next few months...

Hi, yes, I live in San Bernardino County (Ontario) and saw the same thing with my LG receiver. I called them and said they are coming to LA market. They were hoping by Dec. but they said it would probably be about Jan-Feb. I just bought my LG receiver and I'm wondering if I should just return it and wait for this? I do use the LG for QAM (cable) and OTA, I haven't decided which I like best. Right now I'm testing. I have to switch back and forth and rescan. With cable I pick some interesting channels, especially music ones. But I don't get all the OTA channels. With cable reception is reliable although not the best quality (as far as bandwidth). It would be nice to see how USDTV's box works. Any feed back from other users where it is available? All opinions welcomed.

Thanks

SciFer, I have the USDigital receiver and like it very much. See my review (comparing it to a Samsung SIR-T451) here.

As for the USDTV service, I don't like what they are doing. It's an interesting concept, but only if they could get their own FCC licenses on their own frequencies to use their own digital bandwidth. Even still, either way, while interesting I don't find it to be very practical and thus not worth subscribing. You'll have to let us know what impact their service has on your digital locals (multicasting local content subchannels count, bandwidth, HD picture quality).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)