use a bud for fta satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

woodman08

Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
I have a 10foot dish collortor head (c/ku) and would like to add a FTA type lnb to get a sat at 119 ,is this possible .
What do i need

woodman

not a whole lot on 119 maybe a couple of channels that FTA can pick up

yes its possible you could mount a lnbf on the side of the scaler
you could buy a scaler with one built in $$

or you could just point a 18 in dish @ 119

probably get better signal with the 18 inch dish

using the c band bud for fta

will a fta type lnb work on the bud if you fabricate some add on to the c band head

Having problems with the set up. I used the old C/ku band receiver to move the dish to T5. Nice strong signal (about 90) and receiving clear programming on T17. Moved the C Band cable to the PanSat 2500a, set up as standard, lnb of 5150, off, off, skew 45, and search FTA and scrambled. Nothing - Getting a signal of 25, quality of 0.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

If you disconnect the old receiver, then connect your lnb cable directly to your FTA receiver, then you need to have the "Power On" for your LNB.

By removing it from your old receiver you also removed the LNB power.

I do not have a pansat, but i see above where you mentioned 5150, then off, and off, Was one of those lnb power???

Woodman 08

I did exactly that, i added a lnb for DTV off to the side of the scaler to get the free channels on my 7 1/2 ft c-band dish with a 6 inch flat piece of metal with a conduit hanger holding the lnbf ....but the signal levels were poor (mid 60's) these signals should have been in the 90's on a 18 inch dish so it lead me to think that a mesh dish isn't great dish for receiving even strong DBS signals.

now there are several who have cut a slot in the scaler and inserted a lnbf but i think their results were poor also . you could try the one built in the scaler

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)