Use of Analog Ch. 6 For FM radio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
From insideradio.com:

AM radio stations reach nearly 58.8 million people during a given week according to the latest Nielsen data based on the ratings company’s June 2017 RADAR estimates. To put that into perspective AM’s weekly cume is one-third bigger than the 38 million Americans who read a Sunday newspaper according to Pew Research.

But yes, raw numbers of listeners is slowly declining.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Look how much an am station sells for nowadays.....quite sad...the entire radio industry is in sad shape
From insideradio.com:

AM radio stations reach nearly 58.8 million people during a given week according to the latest Nielsen data based on the ratings company’s June 2017 RADAR estimates. To put that into perspective AM’s weekly cume is one-third bigger than the 38 million Americans who read a Sunday newspaper according to Pew Research.

But yes, raw numbers of listeners is slowly declining.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

From insideradio.com:

The problem with this information is lack of context. How many of those people are listening to AM because that's where you have to go to hear WCBS and WINS in New York, for example? I could imagine that being a significant percentage of your 58.8 million people right there. What about KYW in Philadelphia? WBZ in Boston?

My impression is that there are a handful of AM stations that get the lion's share of AM listening, principally all-news stations, conservative talk stations, and sports stations, and the rest of the stations in the band are basically transmitting into the void. If the lesser-listened half of the AM stations in each market went away, how much would that 58.8 million number actually shrink? That's why AM station values, overall, are so low.

- Trip

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts