Use of OTA to augment CV

beachrider

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Milford, CT
One of the issues with CV and the NFL is that they use an NYC channel for CBS-HD. That means that every time the Jets & Pats play at 1PM, only the Jets are available in HD.

A question: Is anyone having success pulling in WFSB with OTA in Shoreline Connecticut?

antennweb.org is hideously conservative. tvfool.com tells me that it is 'Yellow', but I don't get it. Do I just have to go 'higher'? Is there any such thing as a multipath detector?

Thanks.

Multipath is indicated by a weak signal indicator. "Signal Strength" is a misnomer as it actually incorporates both strength and freedom from multipath.

According to the FCC, predicted strength is calculated based on a 30' above grade antenna.

Can we to assume that the antenna is being connected uniquely into the DTV/QAM input of a single television and that you've reprogrammed the TV to use OTA channels versus CATV channels?

I just got another amplifier. It looks like you can have two amplifiers if (and only if) the 'first one' doesn't pollute the signal with too much 'noise'. I will report back on 'success'. I did NOT get much of a channel 31 or channel 33 reading with my CM4228 oriented correctly. Interestingly enough, 35 was a reasonably strong signal. TvFool advises that 35 is 3.7 db 'stronger' than 33, so a second amp might easily give that boost, no? The other issue is that several NYC stations (44 and 28) come in quite strongly with my antenna oriented directly away from them. Perhaps my antenna's front-to-back rejection is too low and I am getting multipath issues. Is this the correct way to do the 'math'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)