Used 12 Foot Mesh Dish Pictures

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There is a lot of work to do to get that big dish over your way, hooked up, and aligned.
So, I wouldn't stress on the negatives - nor what it doesn't have.
Think what it does have.
Then, keep a lookout for the extra pieces to add to it.
You may come across 'em in the course of every day life.
Before, you might have had them dropped on your head, and never realized their value.

I suggested above that you grab the pipe, mount, and motor from your second site.
Some people would consider those goodies quite useful to their next project.
You might find corotor hardware the same way.

As for the other msc. dishes on the roof, by all means take them.
You'll find various uses for them or their parts at a later date.
We've had several people begging for parts of those dish mounts, because they needed one for their particular project!

The Phase III (or other little) dishes aren't really desirable for Ku FTA, but as shown in this picture, I set one up on Whitesprings @ 129º.
If you roll back to the beginning of that thread, you'll see how to press such a dish and LNB into service for 119º audio, or other simple uses.

Thanks Anole and Ken2400. Yes the Dish does indeed come apart which would make it a bit easier to transport - ie in 6 foot sections. He said it had a T-Com 5000 C Band LNB. Hope to make a decision soon on this Dish.

The dish is almost completely disassembled, it has the feedhorn and LNB's (I assume). If the dish is in good shape (ie no dents or bends) $200 seems resonable to me. If the LNB's and feed horn are of good quality, you could spend more than $200 just on them. After all, he has got a lot of the work of taking it down and dis-assembling it done for you. If it is only C band then keep a look out for a dish that is both C and Ku. What do you want for $200??????

The dish is almost completely disassembled, it has the feedhorn and LNB's (I assume). If the dish is in good shape (ie no dents or bends) $200 seems resonable to me. If the LNB's and feed horn are of good quality, you could spend more than $200 just on them. After all, he has got a lot of the work of taking it down and dis-assembling it done for you. If it is only C band then keep a look out for a dish that is both C and Ku. What do you want for $200??????

Thanks Larry1. How would I know this 12 Footer will work for both C and Ku Band? Would a Corotor II LNB make this Dish work for C and Ku Band?

The Corotor II is a great feedhorn. Generally, if a pencil will fit through the mesh of the dish, then the holes are too big for great Ku reception.

Thanks Larry1, wow a pencil thickness!! had a look at the Dish tonight and its intact - no dings or hail damage at all. Its fairly light for 12 feet, BUT I took a small ruler and measured approx 2/16 of an inch but LESS than 3/16 inch on the dish holes. It's definately a type of spun aluminum dish (think he said he got it around 1992) but I don't think the holes are pencil thin!! Does this mean No Ku Band?

Also the Dish has a Uniden 9900 Receiver and a Power Supply. Is it possible to get all what I get on my HH 120 Stab Motor, and 1 Meter Fortec Star Dish with its Invacom LNB for L and C with this Dish? If so what type of receiver and arm Motor Driver are required? I noticed that the Actuator needs a 36 volt power connection off the Uniden 9900 Rx. Is there a modern day setup to power this Dish and can I get C and KU Sats with it to replace what I get on the Roof with my Fortec Star Dish??

Larry1, Guys, sorry about that, but when you said pencil thickness I was thinking the actual pencil lead. No - the mesh holes are definately smaller than a pencil, that is approx 2/16 inch thick. Will this work for C and Ku? And what LNB would you recommend? What else would I need? The only thing I saw that was damaged was one of the 4 long Rods that holds the FeedHorn was bent. I wonder if a vise could straighten it out?

The ultimate LNB's would be (in my opionion) the Norsat with the very high stability oscillators. They do get pricy though. I do not have them, but would love a 12ft dish with them. Others here or in the C-band forum can give their opinions on what to use. You should be able to straighten out the bends in the arms.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)