Using 625/522 with 811

samitk

Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
Folks,
Hope one of your smarty pants here can help me..
I have a 811 leased from DN and I want to add the DVR capability (without losing HD capability)
The obvious solution is to get 942 - for which I need to shell out money.
I am trying to to explore cheaper option specially with the MPEG4 receiver round the corner so was wondering if there was way I could hook up a 625/522 to the same TV that has 811 and be able to record one show while watching other (and also retain HD capabilities of 811 for viewing - if not for recording)
Let me know if this is technically possible and how I need to connect these components.
Also, any known limitations for going with this approach.. though I don't care about any minor ones as its a stop gap solution.
Appreciate your help and Happy New Year to all in advance..:)

samitk said:
Folks,
Hope one of your smarty pants here can help me..
I have a 811 leased from DN and I want to add the DVR capability (without losing HD capability)
The obvious solution is to get 942 - for which I need to shell out money.
I am trying to to explore cheaper option specially with the MPEG4 receiver round the corner so was wondering if there was way I could hook up a 625/522 to the same TV that has 811 and be able to record one show while watching other (and also retain HD capabilities of 811 for viewing - if not for recording)
Let me know if this is technically possible and how I need to connect these components.
Also, any known limitations for going with this approach.. though I don't care about any minor ones as its a stop gap solution.
Appreciate your help and Happy New Year to all in advance..:)

I have a 6000 driving my HDTV. But I also have a 625 in another room that sends its output throughout the house over coax. I hook that coax into the HDTV "cable" input. So I can switch the HDTV from viewing HD via the 6000 to watching whatever is being output from the 625. I also bought an extra UHF remote for the 625, so I can record, pause, skip, and change the 625 channels from the room where my HDTV is being viewed. You could do the same thing with your 811. Of course what you get from the 625 is only SD, but it is better than not having any record/playback capability going to the HDTV set.

ralfyguy - I just want to add DVR capbility along with existing HD capability - without having to buy 942..

Thanks rdinkel - this helps - I understand not havig SD only capbility for DVR programs - but I can live with that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)