Using 721 simply to watch PVR events...

SteveinDanville

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
I just hooked up my new (leased) 942, and I've kept my 721 with 70 hours of recordings on the PVR. I have been assured by Dish tech group that I do not need it to be hooked up to a dish to be able to play recordings off the hard drive, but that doesn't seem to be the case. When I turn on the 721, a screen stays on forever saying to please wait, acquiring satellite signal. Well, since I have no dish feeding into it, it's going to be looking for a signal for a loooooooooong time. I can't get past that window to get to the PVR, so I'm wondering what the heck I have to do to get to those recordings. I want to be able to see them over the next month or so, and then sell it on eBay. Any ideas on how to access the hard drive?????

Smith said:
Did you try press PVR button ? Or Menu ?
Yes, the first thing I tried was the PVR button and it did nothing. Pushed a bunch of other buttons, like Cancel, but nothing. I did not hit the Menu button...I'm out of town right now, but for anybody out there in front of their TV, is there a way to get to the PVR recordings through the Menu button? I can't remember.......

larrystotler said:
Hit Menu. It will bring the menu up and then go from there. I do it all the time.
Thanks for the VERY positive response...I don't need to have any cables hooked up from Ant. 1 or 2 do I? I can just have the audio/video outs plugged in (plus power cord, duh) and going to the receiver/plasma and that's it?

Got home tonight and hit menu 1-1 and there it was, and the PVR functions worked fine! I just now need to figure out where the heck I fed the audio into the receiver????? I'll find it! Thanks one and all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)