using a bud for dbs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
does anyone know what i would need to make my bud receive DBS ? im in haiti and my dish is 10 ft , which would be a prefect size , i was just waondering what i would need?
thanks
jose

The only real issue with large dishes and DBS is that they focus on a very small section of the sky and if there are multiple satellites broadcasting you might have to choose between them. For example at 110 dish has 2 satellites broadcasting, you might only be able to pick up one of them at a time.

The 2 satellites transmit on seperate frequencies so cross over is not an issue. Basiclly it just doubles the capacity of one orbital slot.

DBS in Haiti

The Skyvision referenced item is not very efficient, due to the
DBS LNBF simply being placed into a hole drilled into a scalar ring.
This means that the DBS device is not exactly at the center of the
antenna's focal point, and since it is not modified for prime focus use,
is not well-matched for said antenna. While it works acceptably
in U.S. lower 48 locations, remember that an 18 inch offset dish works
well in most of those locations. Haiti is not blessed with strong signals.
Several things need to be considered; if you were talking about
some of the stronger DISH Network signals from 110 or 119,
a minimum 1.2 meter solid offset dish with offset DBS LNBF would
suffice. However, if this 10-foot dish is mesh and prime focus,
even with the best DBS LNBF device (ADL Prime focus DBS LNBF,
available on our website), may provide less signal than a 1.2 m
solid offset with offset DBS LNBF. We have numerous customers
in the Caribbean using 10-foot SOLID prime focus antennas from Patriot, with the above mentioned ADL PF DBS LNBF, that are doing quite well.
It's all about efficiency, and unless you have a solid reflector with an LNBF appropriate to your antenna's f/d ratio, signal levels will suffer.

Thats why I said "SOMETHING LIKE THIS" it would be up to the end user, once he/she has been given the idea of what type of item he/she is looking for, to decide their own use and needs. I didn't say to get ONLY or EXACTLY that and was in no way promoting that item. I would hope that once the user gets the idea, he/she would do the research to get the best product for his/her specific application, or that another user that has dealt with that EXACT situation, would actually list links to the best products.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts