Using a dish 2700 IRD for setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegold

Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
I am setting up a toroidal 90 dish to receive 110w and 119w. I have a Dish 2700 IRD without a current card. Will the IRD work to tune signal without having a working card? Thank you for the help, bluegold

Using a Dish receiver without a card wont work and if you got it working that would be stealing which the last time I heard was ILLEGAL!!! Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know if it'll start without the card, but if it does you should be able to get to the point dish screen, which would be what you want.

Using a dish receiver without a card to point dish, even to acquire a signal from Dish Network's 110/119 (or any other) satellite is prefect legal. As long as you're not trying to break past encryption or gain access to channels you don't have access to without a card/account, you're fine.

He'd be able to do the same thing with an FTA receiver, and those are perfectly legal, though again the same rules apply (getting past encryption or locked off channels would be hacking and THAT is illegal)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)