using a motor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
Some "theory of operation" questions...

The USALS feature must know at least my longitute, right? Or, alternatively, doesn't the receiver need to know which satellite is my true south satellite? I'm using the Pansat 2500A and have looked all over for any setting similar to those but haven't found any.

To just use standard DiSEqC 1.2, I would need to somehow store the satellite locations (motor angles), right? I haven't yet seen how to do that either on the 2500A.

USALS you have to put in your latitude & longitude so it knows where to go. Try to get it as close as you can. As an example, I'm at 93.77 longitude, and I put 93.0 so the farther away I got from my true south, the worse off it was. I was able to tweak it. In the setup, you can tell it this is my true south. In the install menu, go to motor options, and select USALS and hit "ok" and it will kick you into another screen. That's where you put your l & l in and your true south

In addition to -Berg's answer, You can use 1.2.

On the 1.2 screen, You will see NULL at the top. Go to the next one down and bump your sat position E or W until you get the highest quaility.

When you get the satellite position you want dialed in, cursor up to null and you can store the position in location #27 to #49

It is so much easier to use USALS. Once you get Tru-S set up, just select USALS when you add a new satellite, boom it finds it. Tweak it a little by adjusting the sat location .1 E/W for best quality and enjoy.

I'm spoiled now. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts