Using a single lnb dish to connect to 119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fputnam

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
NE Florida
Total newbie here so be kind, please. I have an RV with a Winegard WI-DM04 single lnb manual dish. I am trying to use it to connect to Echostar 119. My receiver is a VIP722.

I am able to find and lock onto Echostar 119, but I can only pick up 2 or 3 channels. I know there's more channels than that and I subscribe to Americas Top 250 so I should be able to see them (at least the ones on 119).

Is there some thing else I should be trying? I haven't run the switch test and it is showing all three satellites, 110, 119, and 129. I'm pretty sure that with the single lnb there are no switches involved (?).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

First off with that dish only one of the tuners in a dual tuner receiver will work with that dish. Second with only 119 you will be missing a lot of your channels and be getting almost no HD. I suggest a dish upgrade. This would be the most effective option: the TRAV'LER® SK-1000 DISH 1000, Bell TV
winegard-travler-dish-1000.gif

A new dish would be nice, but that's probably not in the cards for the near future. Before I do that I'll need to upgrade the TV in the RV (it's analog) and sort out some cabling issues. Maybe later this year or early next.

I do have portable 1000.2 I'll be using for those times when I'm staying somewhere for several days. But for just an overnighter I'd like to be able to use the old legacy dish that's already mounted on top of the RV to grab whatever channels I can on 119 or 110.

I hadn't thought about being able to use only one tuner while connected to a single satellite. Good point.

However, I'm still wondering why I can only see 2 or 3 channels when I'm locked onto 119W. For instance I could see SPIKE but not SYFY and I believe they are on the same satellite.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
I think it is because as you said it is a legacy dish and your receiver is looking for a dishpro dish. Try running check switch. If you want a more detailed explanation I can give it you but right now I am feeling lazy.

Total newbie here so be kind, please. I have an RV with a Winegard WI-DM04 single lnb manual dish. I am trying to use it to connect to Echostar 119. My receiver is a VIP722.

I am able to find and lock onto Echostar 119, but I can only pick up 2 or 3 channels. I know there's more channels than that and I subscribe to Americas Top 250 so I should be able to see them (at least the ones on 119).

Is there some thing else I should be trying? I haven't run the switch test and it is showing all three satellites, 110, 119, and 129. I'm pretty sure that with the single lnb there are no switches involved (?).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
run the check switch. That will clear up the issues

You will have to run check switch each time you switch from the RV setup to the house setup

OK, I'll try running check switch. I'll be going over to the RV Thursday or Friday and I'll test it then.

Thanks.

Hi, since you have a HD receiver you could also point the dish at 61.5 or 129 and get most of the channels. Might come in handy as you move from one camp site to another and could have LOS issues to some of the satellites. Got to run, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)