Using a Voom receiver with HD ready tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ScottDurand

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
I now have Cox digital cable package with a Toshiba HD ready tv. I still have my Voom box which is in the box in storage. Now that I have bought an HD ready tv would anyone have any helpful links or info for using it as an HD receiver. I tried to do a search on how to hook it up but could not find any info on properly installing the Voom box as a receiver. Any help appreciated on doing this properly.

First and foremost was the Voom box activated when voom went offline? If it wasn't it is a doorstop.

Voom setup

The Voom receiver will pick up ota transmissions. Do you have an antenna setup? If you do, you simply run some rg6 cable from then antenna to the receiver. Then run the rg6 from the receiver to the tv. Better yet, use componet or dvi connecters from the receiver to the tv. Depending on where you are located, you may need a uhf-vhf antenna. Check www.antennaweb.org

Attachments

• DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 266
Yes my box was still active when Voom blacked out. I still have my ota antenna installed in it's original location as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)