using a WA integrated feed on a D500 (D1000)+ dish

dishrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Springfield, IL
I am asking this question, since the D500+ dish is the largest dish E* makes that will pick up 110/119/129. I know it was really meant for 118 international subs, but was thinking it would help some on the other 3 slots for rain fade, etc.

I know there is a DPP500+ integrated feed that also includes a bracket for a separate 129 LNB. However, I have no use whatsoever for any prog on 118 & would just as soon NOT have all that extra guide data "cluttering up" the memory on the receiver(s). If I went with the (4) separate LNB's like when they first came out with this dish, while you could avoid using the 118 LNB output altogether, of course you need an external DPP switch.

So can a WA integrated LNB be mounted as simply on one of these dishes, just like the D500+ integrated LNB does? (ie: w/out needing to modify the arm, LNB mounting bracket, etc.)

Last edited:
The 500+ does not have a built in switch like the 1000.2/.4 You need a DP 44 sw and just not hook up the 118 LNB.

Well there IS one now:

DISH NETWORK DP 500+ PLUS PRO LNB 118 NEW 3 OUT 1 IN! | eBay

It also does not pick up 129, if you are using one dish for the three, you need a variation of the 1000+ dish.
=

Well it's my understanding that the D500+ & D1000+ are the very same (large) dish (which is why I worded my subject line accordingly) - again, only diff being the 1000+ has the 129 LNB (bracket) added on.

So, does anyone still know the answer to my original question re: mounting a WA LNB on a D1000+ dish??? :confused:

Last edited:
I am VERY, VERY, much aware of all that - have you even read my original question??? :confused:
I thought this was a VERY simple question... :confused:
To simplify your needs just buy a DISH 1000+ and don't connect the 118.7 LNB. You then have only 110/119 & 129 and it is all designed to work together. A 1000.2 WA LNB is not designed to mate with a 500+/1000+ reflector.

If you want a 1000+ you have to use a 1000+ LNB. Would need a switch though. Just don't connect 118.7 to the switch and your good

To simplify your needs just buy a DISH 1000+ and don't connect the 118.7 LNB. You then have only 110/119 & 129 and it is all designed to work together.

Understand, but again, you HAVE to use an external switch, which I was trying to avoid.

A 1000.2 WA LNB is not designed to mate with a 500+/1000+ reflector.

OK, I wasn't sure if a WA LNB would simply bolt onto the end of the D1000+ reflector arm, like that new DPP500+ LNB in the e-bay link I posted above. (I would use that, but obviously there's no way to "disable" the 118 slot in that integrated LNB)

Thanks for the info boba. :)

It isn't just the size of the reflector, it is also the length of the arm. Assembly of the lnb is set for both. You would probably need to work to get a different lnb assembly to work correctly. Better to get correct one for your needs.

Yes, it is possible to use a 500+ reflector with everything else being a WA and it will work with a lot higher signal strength than you can get with the WA reflector. I have done this and I was amazed at the signals because I had never seen that strong of a signal in any kind of previous install.

So, that being said, the "DISH" answer is no you can't do this, but a tech's answer is oh yes you can.

+1. I've done it also. Used a + dish and polar. .4 arm and WA lnb. Worked like a champ. High 80s on 119 where most minimums are in the mid 60s.

+1. I've done it also. Used a + dish and polar. .4 arm and WA lnb. Worked like a champ.

OK, so that I completely understand - take a complete 1000.4 WA dish, & simply change the actual reflector to a + reflector.
And the + reflector will simply fit on the 1000.4 dish mount, in place of it's original reflector, with no other modifications needed, correct?
And the 4 mounting bolts are in the same positions on the + reflector, correct?

The D500+ and 1K.4 skew plate bolt holes are not in the same position. They're saying they use a D500+ reflector/D500+ skew plate/1K.4 arm/WA lnb. Dish already recognizes and makes a repoint kit for this. Nothing new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)