Using an Analog receiver for FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

occammd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I'm new to this, thanks for your patience. Can I mount the KU in the same feedhorn I have the Cband in right now?

Which box would drive the dishmover?

Are you only picking up Ku FTA? What was your reasoning for this?

yep

Have a 30" dish going to a Pansat 1500 and the Supra (and a Toshiba TRX-1420)

reasoning is there are still things up there that are on analog (usually sports backhauls)

The analog receiver compliments the digital one :)

Does the DVB rcvr decode from the output of the C/Ku Supra, or is the DVB rcvr in parallel with the antenna into the Supra?

If I'm hijacking this thread let me know and I'll start a new one

I split this off to a separate thread :)

In response to your question, my setup is as such

-one line off the LNBF (dual KU) runs directly to the Supra...I only get the vertical polarity on this feed. If I hooked it directly to the other feed, all I would get is horizontal.
-the other line off the LNBF goes to the Pansat..On the "loop out", that goes to the Toshiba TRX-1420 (another C/Ku band). Whatever polarity the Pansat is on, the Toshiba follows.

I know I use to "split" the line coming in and had it go to the DVB receiver and the analog and it did work, but there was some issues with it...I can't remember what it was :)

I do remember when there would be games on adjacent channels (18 & 19 as an example), only one would come in and it would change (sometimes it would be 19, sometimes 18)

occammd said:
Can I mount the KU in the same feedhorn I have the Cband in right now?

First is your dish capable of receiving ku band also? If it is very old mesh dish, it might not be able to. If a pencil can fit through the holes in the mesh, it won't work for ku. If the dish is fine, next you'll probably need a new feedhorn that you can mount a c and ku band lnb to.

Which box would drive the dishmover?

I have my analog receiver controlling the dish and polarity.

mkm4 said:
I have my analog receiver controlling the dish and polarity.

a DVB receiver wont control a C-Band dish. I know there is a product out there that does move a C-band dish

Since I am using KU only, my Pansat 1500 runs the motor..the analog is slaved to it

Cascade said:
The hot UPS lady delivered my TRX-2220 a while ago, it's nice.
Now if I could find something to watch i'd be set.

damn...since you can't scoot over to AMC9, that won't work. I would say make sure the receiver works.
AMC9 19 V has a test card

What's stopping you from going east of T5? A tree?

get a chainsaw...they work real good :)

I don't know what is analog over there. The ones that usually have analog stuff are
AMC6
SBS6
AMC9
G11
T6

Everything east of what you can get

I found something that is going to be analog tonight...mgiht help

Sep 2 7:00p Buffalo @ Eastern Michigan IA 7, K01 SLOT A-9 MHZ

It sounds like it will be in analog....IA7 at 129W..can you get over that far?

damn man

G3 has some stuff on it...not m,uch analog..but it lights up lonce in a while

I have to laugh...I might be moving (job txfr) so Ive been looking at houses and I get out my trusty .50 compass to see how good of a view I have :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts