Using an antenna to receive local channels.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dickie brewster

Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
TN
I just switched to Dish Network HD. Prior to switching I could receive three local channel using the rooftop antenna. Since hooking up I am only receiving one of the three. I have the satellite cable connected (using a splitter) to the receiver's satellites inputs. I have the antenna cable connected to the Over the Air Antenna In. Is this the proper hookup? Thank you. dickie.

I just switched to Dish Network HD. Prior to switching I could receive three local channel using the rooftop antenna. Since hooking up I am only receiving one of the three. I have the satellite cable connected (using a splitter) to the receiver's satellites inputs. I have the antenna cable connected to the Over the Air Antenna In. Is this the proper hookup? Thank you. dickie.

I assume the other 2 channels now are broadcasting in Digital. Very few stations aren't although many repeater stations are still analog only.

Assuming they are digital try rescanning. If still no results try adding each channel using its actual broadcast channel, not its displayed PSIP channel. Eg NY's WCBS channel is currently using 56 and displays as 2.1.

Thank you tnsprin and garys for your replies and help. I have been using the RF number. So I should use the actual channel number, right? Thanks. db

Using antenna to receive local channels

garys, I have tried all the suggestions that tnsprin and you suggested but I still can't get the other two channels. The only other thing would be to adjust the antenna and see what happens. This problem I don't understand. Thanks. db

How good is your rooftop antenna? Are you getting the one channel with a good signal like before or is it weaker?

Do you have the same exact connection that was working for all 3 going into the receiver (no more splitters or connections than before)?

I made my own antenna and it dramatically improved my reception. You might not need to do that, but I had all the parts laying around the house and it was a fun project. There's even a how-to video on youtube for 'coat hanger HDTV antenna'

Using an antenna to receive local channels

bebop, I have a Sensor antenna with a Winegard Wingman attached to the antenna. This is (was) suppose to increase the reception. The one channel I am getting is a whole lot clearer. Now as to the connection that was working before. The installer for the HD DishNetwork did a change. Prior to HD, there was a Channel Master 4012IFD Diplexer that brought the satellite cable and antenna cable into the house. It was replaced with a grounding block. Now the satellite cable hooks into the receiver via a grounding block (splitter) and two cables connect into the two satellite inputs on the receiver. The antenna cable connects into the over the air antenna slot on the receiver.

I don't believe I have the proficiency to make my own antenna and do the hook-up. But, I might learn. I hope I have been clear about the set up. Thank you. dickie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)