using d* in canada, will they catch me if I plug in ethernet w/local ping?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
that would be cool if we could get Canadian service here in the US like to have try Bell or starchoice

Thanks for that ICeberg I will check into wonder if I will run into any spotbeams issue in the deep south

there are no "spotbeams" on either system but Bell's HD satellite (82W) is shifted towards Canada so the footprint is horrible in the states unless you live near the border. Folks in Philly need 30-36" dishes for it and the farther south you get it goes kaput. Folks have tried 10 foot dishes in the south and got nada for signal

so Shaw Direct would be the best option in Alabama ;)

there are no "spotbeams" on either system but Bell's HD satellite (82W) is shifted towards Canada so the footprint is horrible in the states unless you live near the border. Folks in Philly need 30-36" dishes for it and the farther south you get it goes kaput. Folks have tried 10 foot dishes in the south and got nada for signal

so Shaw Direct would be the best option in Alabama ;)

I live in South Florida.. Bell 82w HD satelite is horrendous. Fades in and out.
I prefer Bell to Starchoice. They also use dish equipment.

However, Starchoice is the better choice for US coverage. They actually cover all the way down to Mexico.

Dont care for their Motorola HD DVRS but its really the only way to get great Canadian television.

Plus I love the different time zones that are available..
I remember when Direc use to offer this..Way back when.

Status
Please reply by conversation.