Using Deca for Tivo Networking

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RLDreams

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Okay, I know I hate people that post the same question in multiple threads, but I figured more people familiar with D* Deca are here than over in the OTA forum.

I know I can split off the signal from my Cat6 to feed other devices,been there done that already to feed the daughter's BR player etc. My question is whether a Tivo Premiere OTA will accept the signal through the Cat6 or if I would need to split it off.

My intention (if it will work) is to go OTA and am hoping I can use the D* Deca adapter to push ethernet through the same Cat6 as the OTS signal to the Tivos.

In my head cabling would go Ant----Pre-amp----grounding block----PI for preamp---- 2-1 combiner to add ethernet from Deca-----splitter to feed the TVs etc.

While I am hopeful, I am also thinking it will never be that simple.

On a related issue would my old D* 4x8 multiswitch work to split OTA

Okay, I know I hate people that post the same question in multiple threads, but I figured more people familiar with D* Deca are here than over in the OTA forum.

I know I can split off the signal from my Cat6 to feed other devices,been there done that already to feed the daughter's BR player etc. My question is whether a Tivo Premiere OTA will accept the signal through the Cat6 or if I would need to split it off.

My intention (if it will work) is to go OTA and am hoping I can use the D* Deca adapter to push ethernet through the same Cat6 as the OTS signal to the Tivos.

In my head cabling would go Ant----Pre-amp----grounding block----PI for preamp---- 2-1 combiner to add ethernet from Deca-----splitter to feed the TVs etc.

While I am hopeful, I am also thinking it will never be that simple.

On a related issue would my old D* 4x8 multiswitch work to split OTA

What do you mean you split the signal from the cat6? If you already have a cat6 run going to the room with the tivo or are contemplating doing another run, just do that and buy a switch with more ports.
Also either I'm confused and reading it wrong, but are you asking if you can push OTA and IP based traffic through cat6 using the DECA

Sorry the way you are using the term split and intermixing OTA and OTS and I'm not sure what cabling you actually have where.

Honestly the DECA is a type of MoCA adapter, but not sure if it's so special it can't be repurposed. That being said MoCA adapters are cheap enough just buy them. They should work with OTA as all the MoCA ethernet traffic is above 1ghz. I actually have three moca adapters in my house as I just didn't feel like going in the attic this summer and then doing wall fish's to rooms where we have perfectly good RG6 already run for some occasional networking needs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts