using directv dish for dishnet

doublea

Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
On top of my apt building there is a single lnb round directv dish for my apt. Can i use it for dishnet 300? Do i need to swap out the LNB or just aim it in its proper direction?

thanks - Alex

Maybe

On top of my apt building there is a single lnb round directv dish for my apt. Can i use it for dishnet 300? Do i need to swap out the LNB or just aim it in its proper direction?

thanks - Alex

If you have a legacy set-up, it will work. I had a DirecTV 18" dish and DirecTV LNBF pointed at 61.5 when I had a legacy set-up and it worked fine. It will not work with DishPro however and when I upgraded to DP, I had to get a new 61.5 dish with a D-tube LNBF arm to hold the E* DP LNBF.

re:maybe

If you have a legacy set-up, it will work. I had a DirecTV 18" dish and DirecTV LNBF pointed at 61.5 when I had a legacy set-up and it worked fine. It will not work with DishPro however and when I upgraded to DP, I had to get a new 61.5 dish with a D-tube LNBF arm to hold the E* DP LNBF.

how do i know if i have a legacy setup. Im not familiar with the dishnet setup ive been doing diretv for yrs. There is a single lnb and dish and two dish311 recievers no multiswitches or anything. Came with the apt and its free if i get it to work :)

what do i need to make it happen?

If it helps any Im in Brooklyn NY, Local channels are not important in this case because what dishnet broadcasts as networks are my locals.

thanks -Alex

how do i know if i have a legacy setup. Im not familiar with the dishnet setup ive been doing diretv for yrs. There is a single lnb and dish and two dish311 recievers no multiswitches or anything. Came with the apt and its free if i get it to work :)

what do i need to make it happen?

If it helps any Im in Brooklyn NY, Local channels are not important in this case because what dishnet broadcasts as networks are my locals.

thanks -Alex

Are you saying there is a total of one round dish network 18 inch and one similar DirecTV dish? If that is so, and you don't want to spend a cent, then you can get most programming by pointing one at 110 and one at 119 and connecting an SW21 switch to combine the two to one receiver. I'll send you the switch gratis. I don't need it.

to me it sounds like you have 2 dish receivers and a directv dish on the roof... correct?
If so, you can repoint the dish to the 119 satellite and pick up MOST, but not all of the regular programming with dish.

correct one round 18" direct dish and 2 sat recievers.

what programming would i lose?

when i aim at 119 what setup dp i go buy dish 300 or dish 500? or do i just aim directly at 119 degrees?

to aim just at 119, you would put the settings on the receiver for dish 300... that should give you the numbers for your elevation and azimuth.
i'm sure someone will be along soon to give you the link that shows which channels are on each satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)